It is currently Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Moving to Detroit...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:55 am 

Two strangers are sitting side by side on a flight to Detroit. One guy is clearly fidgeting, anxious, upset. Other guy expresses concern- "Hi- I'm get the feeling that you are worried about something. Are you OK?"
First guy replies- "My company is relocating me to Detroit. I HAVE to move, or I'll lose my job, and I just flat-out can't afford to lose my job. I'm just SO worried about all the gangs, violence, crime, drugs, that I keep hearing about."
Second guy says- "Hey, I'm a Detroit native, lived there all my life. It isn't NEARLY as bad as the media makes it out to be. Just buy a home in a decent neighborhood, put your kids in a quality private school, you'll be fine!"
First guy- "Thanks, I appreciate the pointers. By the way, what do you do for a living?"
Second guy- "I'm the tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."

Post subject: Re: Moving to Detroit...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:32 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Though this is a little unfair. Both Chicago and Detroit get a bad rap, in spite of their initiatives for improvement. In fact, there was an EPA study on both cities just last year that shows a massive improvement in environmental quality. Why, the air just last year was only twenty-one percent bullets!

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."