All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: But I'm thirsty!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:53 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
The night clerk at the desk was just settling in to enjoy the brief peace that fell over the hotel lobby at three AM when the phone rang.  "Can I help you?"

"What time does the bar open?"

"The bar will open promptly at eleven AM, at which time it will also serve lunch."

The caller hung up and the clerk began to busy himself.  An hour later, the phone rings again.  "What time... does the bar open?"

"The bar will open at eleven AM, Sir."  This caller, too, hung up.

An hour later, the phone rang again.  The voice sounded vaguely familiar.  "Wha-- what time does...  what time does the bar... uh... open?  When's the bar open?"

"The bar opens at eleven, Sir."

Around six o'clock the desk begins to get busy, and the phone rings again.  "Whaddime...  whad...  whenzhya...   when...  dushde barropen...?"

"Sir," begins the rather harried clerk, "I have explained to you several times tonight that the bar will not be open until eleven o'clock; approximately five hours from now.  I can send room service up if you are hungry."

"No...  isch... ishnawdat.  Izjusch...    Iz juschdat I'd really...  I'd really like to get out now..."

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."