It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My First Rally!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:14 pm 

Motorcycle: Honda
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Lawrenceville
So I went to the Helen Rally and words cannot express how great of a time I had. I am a new rider and this past weekend I had a lot of first time experiences and they were all great. I rode to Helen by myself and met everyone at the Days Inn. Mike instantly greeted me and started introducing me to everyone. It was the first time I saw so many Honda Rebels in one place and it felt good considering that I have only been around sports bikes. I had the best time riding with everyone. I have heard it many times ride your ride it sounds so simply but is harder then what it sounds. On our ride I learned just that and by riding my own ride I had a great ride. Everyone was extremely friendly! One of my Rebel partners Marie noticed my chain was loose and during lunch the guys tightened my chain and even lubed it for me! Every moment was wonderful from the time I got there until the time I left. I truly have found a wonderful group of friends. FYI Butch and Bobbie I have already used my Wrenches and Will I put my map in a scrap book.

:bikerthumb:
Lil Speedy31

Post subject: Re: My First Rally!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:19 pm 

Motorcycle: 2014 CB500XA
Rebel: None
State/Province: AZ
City: Green Valley
Congratulations on a good experience. Part of it requires friendly people, but a significant part comes from you riding within your comfort zone. It sounds like you were successful.

I can remember Bobbi refusing to let me lube her chain in Springerville, AZ (currently at modest risk to wildfires; some areas that we rode in the Sidewinder 400 may have burned) after Butch suggested it; she probably didn't hear him suggest it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:09 am 

State/Province: SC
City: Mid South Of
hmmm, John, I don't remember the lube job offer. I must have still been fascinated by that cute little thing you showed me in your hotel room. You know, that new little computer?

I hate the thought of some of the areas we rode burning. The scenery at the time of the ride was fantastic. I'm now thinking of some curves we took where all that stood between my bike and a very l-o-o-ng drop to canyon floors was a sporadic bush or tree. I already felt like I was skirting the edge of the sky while teetering over a huge abyss. Wonder what I would have felt like if the sporadic bush or tree hadn't been there.

lilspeedy31 .. we neglected to warn you before the Helen rally that these Rebel rallies and the people who attend are very addictive. You'll find yourself wondering why the next one is taking so long to get here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:27 pm 

Motorcycle: Honda
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Lawrenceville
S_W you are correct! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:05 pm 

State/Province: MS
City: Gulf
lilspeedy31 wrote:
Will I put my map in a scrap book.

:bikerthumb:
Lil Speedy31

Excellent! I've got mine on the wall in my shop! A great reminder of a wonderful trip.

Will