It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ride of Empowerment
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:18 am 

Motorcycle: Rebel-& Kawi vulcan 500
Rebel: 250
State/Province: ny
City: syracuse
I had been riding for 3 years and Last May 3rd- My then spouse said to me "If your sons continue to live with us- our relationship doesn't have a chance" so as any good mom would do I said "well then I guess our relationship doesn't have a chance"- what I later found out was he had been seeing another gal from his work since march of that year!!
Thus began my plans for my "ride of empowerment". Up to this point I had mostly rode back roads and highways staying off main interstates...
A really close friend was graduating as a nurse from my alma mater aprox 150 miles away...
I packed my bike the night before- and early Saturday morning headed out. I said to Creator - I am an strong, confident,independent woman - I trust your plan for me- and this is my ride of freedom, release, independence and forgiveness(I am a firm believer that my Creator has a plan for me and try to show gratitude for the good and the bad- in that there is always a lesson to be learned for me). Took route 81 north from syracuse to canton ny. I asked for spiritual guidance and safety from harms way from Ray a very special Biker friend who passed on a few years back (we used to watch the hawks flying free out at his farm) and headed out. Throughout my whole journey I saw several hawks flying over head.
I made it to Canton in time to see my girlfriend walk the stage and get her nursing pin. - Had a great weekend cruising around to see good friends- began my healing heart process and became confident with my abilities of being a Rebel rider!!!
So today, I own my own home, my sons live with me while they are trying to figure out life- one has obtained his Bachelors degree and is off to Colorado to live next week- and the other is finishing up Massage school. I have two great women friends (one is a rebel rider and the other has a spring harley) and my base of motorcycling friend is growing. We take day trips in the summer.- I think I can say that on that ride I was able to realize who I really am and what I will and will not settle for!!!
Thanks for reading my story- looking forward to riding this summer!!- jan

Post subject: Re: Ride of Empowerment
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:04 pm 

Motorcycle: 08 Royal Enfield Electra
State/Province: Fl
City: Fort Lauderdale
For every door that closes another opens up. Don't dwell on whats behind the closed door, embrace whats through the open door. Ride safe and be strong and remember there is nothing out there you can"t do, just things you haven't done before.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:15 pm 

Bullet - thanks for the vote of confidence!!!- jan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:45 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: Rebel 250 plus a few others
State/Province: NB
City: Fredericton
I'm a long time believer in the spiritual power of motorcycles too. :D Best of luck to you in your riding career and otherwise.

1996 Ducati 900SS
1973 Norton 850 Interstate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:47 pm 

Motorcycle: Honda Shadow ACE (2003)
Rebel: None
State/Province: DE
Riding seems to be the only way you can gain real (if temporary) freedom.

Besides Jesus, of course--but He's in the permanent category ;0)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 pm 

Thanks Duckster for the support! Lafazinator- Freedom comes in many way- and the most powerful is to realize and have the blind faith that Creator has a plan for me- Thanks for the support !!! jan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:55 pm 
Contest Winner!

Motorcycle: '05 CMX250, '95 CB750
City: New-Ahk
janilee: When you got on Rte 81 and headed north, as soon as you passed under the Taft Road exit bridge, there are some houses on the right. That is where I grew up. What a dump!!!

Anyway, that area north of Cicero is nice, especially during the summer months.

Sorry to hear about your situation....time to move on. Most of my mediation with the man upstairs is during riding or bicycling. Can't do it in the cars, I am too busy cussing at everyone. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:23 pm 
Forum Moderator

Just a gentle reminder here on rule 13 of the forum. While we certainly do not discourage or disparage anyone who finds comfort in their religious beliefs , we should always bear in mind that we welcome equally those of all religious traditions (including none), and consequently we focus our discussions on those beliefs and interests that unite us all as motorcyclists and human beings rather than subjects where we may differ.

1996 Ducati 900SS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:51 pm 

Jim- I plan to make another north country ride this year- but not 81- take a more scenic route... North of syracuse is really beautiful especially around pulaski when ya can ride near water and such- looking forward to the ride... and yes meditation during riding generally puts me in a positive happy heart calm state of being. Duckster will keep spiritual beliefs in mind while I post- thanks for the gentle reminder...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:03 pm 
Forum Moderator

You're most welcome Jan, and I suspect pretty much every one of us shares that positive spiritual feeling at the controls of our favorite ride winding through the scenery on a smooth twisty road. That's the charm of riding these things. :D

Oh and I have made quite a few trips through your area and Vermont, New Hampshire over the years. There's a lot of beautiful bike roads there.

1996 Ducati 900SS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm 

Motorcycle: Honda Shadow ACE (2003)
Rebel: None
It's just crazy how important riding becomes once you begin. Some switch just goes off when you realize the freedom afforded by riding. Riding is like a temporary reprieve from life, for me--even if just during a commute!

It's my escape drug ;0)

I need to go on a good ride--been a while since I've used the bike for pleasure. TOO long.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:25 pm 

LaFazinator- If I wake up and the skys are dry I ride to work- sometimes I ride home in the rain- but I am only 2 miles away... I had taken a trip and the whole way home it rained- about 5 hours- so 2 miles is nuthin!!!! LOL I aint no Woosie Rider... I'M A REBEL RIDER!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:16 pm 

Motorcycle: honda rebel, suzuki savage
State/Province: MD
City: Accokeek
Good for you! What a story, I have one too which involved a man and feeling like I didn't like the way things were going. Then I started riding....................................:) What more can I say. Life is good, riding a motorcycle is like nothing I have ever done and learning how and doing it made me feel like I could do most anything. Congrats to you - I hope you enjoy many many years of wonderful moments on the road with your bike!