It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Unwanted email
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:45 am 
Librarian
Librarian

State/Province: MN
City: Brainerd
I just got an email using my forum name and UNpublic email address from "cush-raiders Limited" "player services at world winner dot com"

:x

What???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
Odd.

We don't have anything getting in here except for screen crawlers, according to the data. (Nothing you can really do about those cussed things). There's no way they can get you e-mail unless you've written it out. (that's why we have the link buttons instead of displaying the addresses).

Screen crawlers might be where they got your name from, but I'm inclined to think perhaps someone you converse with has an infection that copied their address book.

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:22 pm 
Librarian
Librarian

State/Province: MN
City: Brainerd
I guess I'll not know. I just thought it was very weird that they'd have my forum name, I don't use it for anything else at all.

Thanks for checking for me. Have an awesome day!

BTW, #2 son is going to start racing next year. Got an SV last night, all set up and lotsa extras, this is what happens when you send you kids to msf classes, :roll:

(I can't wait.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:55 am 

Motorcycle: 2014 CB500XA
Rebel: None
State/Province: AZ
City: Green Valley
Not A Hog wrote:
BTW, #2 son is going to start racing next year. Got an SV last night, all set up and lotsa extras, this is what happens when you send you kids to msf classes, :roll:

(I can't wait.)

This is a scary aspect of MSF classes.

Fortunately, the kids took the courses before I did, and the middle boy normally raced a Ninja 250 rather than his F4. What with one kid here and another planned, plus just buying a house, he has sold all the really fast bikes and just has a Honda CRF250X and a Yamaha XT225. This is the boy that I go to California for, to ride with in a 2-day enduro event. My wife comes now to babysit at their place.

Yup we can edit these. It is just the introduction category that doesn't let you edit.