It is currently Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: I think the definiton says it all
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:26 am 

State/Province: MO
City: United States
I'm going to apologize ahead of time for anything in my post. People like her hit a nerve in me and once I get on a roll.. well.. lol

Anywho, I'm wondering if the name was coincidence? or just irony? Banchee / Banshee / Ban She? :shrugs:

[quote="toddm"]Banshees were said to appear for particular Irish families, though which families made it onto this list varied depending on who was telling the story.[/quote]

Dahm me muther's lineage! I didn't realize there was that much Irish blood here!

[quote="toddm"]The banshee can appear in a variety of guises. Most often she appears as an ugly, frightening hag, but she can also appear as a stunningly beautiful woman of any age that suits her. [/quote]

Kinda like in the movies! Ya know, in the beginning, she's just a pretty girl but about 15 minutes in she turns out to be a hideous monster and spends the rest of the movie biting of peoples heads?

[quote="toddm"]The hag may also appear as a washer-woman, or bean-nighe (washing woman), and is seen washing the blood stained clothes or armour of those who are about to die.[/quote]

And I was always told it was Gnomes stealing all the left socks!

[quote="toddm"]Although not always seen, her mourning call is heard, usually at night when someone is about to die and usually around woods. .... In some parts of Leinster, she is referred to as the bean chaointe (keening woman) whose wail can be so piercing that it shatters glass. [/quote]

Well then i'm glad that this wasn't a recorded video chat. I have a lot of windows and it's really cold outside. I don't think the neighbors would appreciate it either.. Or the maintenance workers for the apartment complex...

[quote="toddm"]The banshee may also appear in a variety of other forms, such as that of a hooded crow, stoat, hare and weasel - animals associated in Ireland with witchcraft[/quote]

I'd go with her being the crow, with as much noise as she made, but crows are smarter. For one, they have problem solving skills. An ability to solve a previously un-encountered problem. I doubt this is her second forum, wouldn't bet on anything less than 10 for that matter, yet she still doesn't seem to get it.

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." (unknown)

Or just learn? Learning in general is good. process of elimination? you know? 'If I want to do this, i *shouldn't* do this.' ? From what I've seen, it would seem she doesn't have much experience with.. well, I was going to say pleasant conversation, but it's more of a *being pleasant* thing , or even just a tolerable thing. Maybe Santa forgot to bring a weeny whistle one year, and he/she has since spent life hating everyone who was remotely happy. Unfortunately, she can't use ignorance as an excuse. That would involve her *not* knowing that her posts would generate a reaction. The whole point of trolling though is solely the reaction. Without a reaction, it goes from trolling to ranting. No, acting the way she did *knowing* that what she was doing was wrong wasn't ignorance, it was stupidity.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is genius has it's limits."

I think I'll stop here lol

Post subject: Re: Rebel Jill Brings it back! :D
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 pm 

Motorcycle: 1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
Rebel: Other
State/Province: VA
City: Roanoke
What is it with this particular thread that attracts spam?

Post subject: Re: Rebel Jill Brings it back! :D
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: 5 Shadows, 3 Rebels
Rebel: 250
State/Province: NV
City: Las VLX-as
Idiocy begets idiocy? ;)

http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6