It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Making a bobber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:07 pm 

Motorcycle: Honda Rebel
Rebel: 250
State/Province: Oh
City: Green Springs
I have a tank, I believe its original I love it, yet I want to retire itis there any other kinds of tanks that would fit my rebel? I have heard of frisco tanks but I am not sure. Could someone help, this bike is my first bike and i would like to just ride it looking fresh and smooth. :bikerthumb: Any insight from anyone would be great.

Post subject: Re: Making a bobber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:34 am 

Motorcycle: 2016 Honda Rebel
State/Province: AZ
City: Chandler
Unless you have a LOT of fabrication skills and are a good welder, and a good mechanic in general, keep the stock tank. Go to bluecollarbobbers.com, they make enough bolt on parts to build a complete (and safe) bobber out of without a lot of mechanical skill.

I don't know what your skills are, so this is not meant to offend you. But I have seen a lot of people hack together a bobber, and wind up with a suicide machine. A factory motorcycle is a well engineered bike. If you start cutting and chopping on it without knowing what you are doing, going for a certain look, you can easily wind up destroying the mechanical and structural integrity of the original design. I definitely recommend keeping the original frame, suspension, and steering, as well as both brakes intact.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:35 am 

Motorcycle: Honda Rebel
State/Province: Oh
City: Green Springs
Not much skill of fabrication or welding, but I understand where you are coming from.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:30 pm 

Motorcycle: 2014 CB500XA
Rebel: None
State/Province: AZ
City: Green Valley
I bought a "Rebel" tank from TankTank; it had a cutout for a fuel pump. Rather than attempt to return it I used aircraft adhesive to attach a plate over the hole. I was less than happy with the product that they sent me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:44 pm 

Motorcycle: honda
State/Province: fs
City: sasolburg
hi im busy bulding a 85 bobber but cant get spark on it and its not my first one took all the kill switches out only one left is the run stop switch new coils new cdi new plugs and got stator tested but no luck pls help ive got 11 bikes all before the 90s all buld from scratck but this rebel is driving me up the walls