It is currently Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Rebel owner here in portland oregon
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:18 pm 

State/Province: OR
Hi just joined this forum as I can't find one for oregon so I hope you don't mind that I hang out here get to know some of you. :lol:
I got my 2005 Honda Rebel this May, took the Team Oregon basic riding course this august. I learned a lot from the course and gained confindence. I really "love" my rebel. I'm glad I found a site that has other "rebel" owners so tha I can learn more about my m/c and get know other people who love to ride. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:25 pm 

hey everyone i am still looking for a rebel at a price i can afford but ill be a more active member after then.

i see the base cost is 3200 bucks on a brand new one from a dealer but yet these ppl all over wanna sell for 3800 and all that...what gives?

what makes them higher than a new one? i spose when u add taxes and all that it adds up but still id rather pay it for brand new than used

Post subject: resell of rebel
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:50 pm 

State/Province: OR
IMPO I think you can resell the Honda rebel for about the same asking price a a dealer as it is such a great mc and seen as a "starter" mc.
When I was buying mine there were only 2 Honda rebel in the dealership one a 2007 red that is the one I picked out but as I was getting the paperwork done they "sold it". Then the one I got (2005 honda rebel)was actual pricer higher enough it was older with more miles on it, but I got it at same "deal" price that I would of gotten the new 2007 model ** go figure. :? Anyways I bought at the dealer bc I got the price plus a warranty which you don't get from buying from a private buyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:09 am 

Just signed up, nice to see other Rebel riders. I drive an 05 Rebel, and enjoy it immensely. I'm not a small guy, yet I find the performance is good, and I'm able to ride with my wife on the back and still maintain 60 mph with no problem - and get between 70 - 80 mpg while doing it. Great bike, no plans to trade up.

Post subject: Hello every body!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:56 am 

Just a little about BigC, I'm a 1st.time owner of a '86 Rebel.people ask me why don't i get a bigger bike (because of my size 6'-1" 380) Well it's like this you ever had a favorite chair or pair shoes, It just feels good!! setting it that seat going down the road.I don't want to go fast I just want to enjoy the ride! I have wanted a Rebel since they came out in mid 80's.Now I have something that I'm truly happy with.
Thanks all , BigC

Post subject: 1987 candy wineberry red
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:07 pm 

State/Province: NC
City: Wilmington
My first post, Hello all, Been reading the forum for the three weeks I've had this bike. Im in Wilmington N.C. Taking er to Raleigh this weekend, and to Winston-Salem possibly over thanksgiving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:26 pm 
Best Loser!

Motorcycle: 08 Versys, 97 C-10, 79 KZ650
Rebel: 250
State/Province: NC
City: Newport
Welcome Tommyboy,

Those are both nice areas to ride. There is a group up Rocky Mount/Raleigh way that sometimes gets together for a ride.

Dan

Post subject: new rebel.com member
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:32 pm 

hello everyone, i just got my second rebel had a 450 now i got a 250 rebel. started rebuilding today could use a lot of help along the way. see you out there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:48 pm 

State/Province: VA
City: Richmond
Congrats tommyboy and babyboydakota on the bikes. There's a "Search" tab up top, and if you can't find it there, somebody is usually willing to offer help.

Good luck. Have fun and be safe.

:bikerthumb:

Denise

2008 Silver Rebel 250

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:47 pm 

Motorcycle: '85 Honda Rebel 250
Rebel: 250
State/Province: IL
City: Carbondale
I've been benefiting from the site for about a month now, and overlooked the introductions section. I'm a grad student in St. Louis, MO and plan to commute to school on my '85 Rebel 250 (with neighbors who have scooters and bikes) as well as ride for fun (anyone else in St. Louis?). But it's currently 15° outside and snowy so it doesn't look like I'll be using it for my first commute of the semester tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who helped me diagnose the problem, clean the carb and get the bike running--I'm enjoying learning to ride (or was until yesterday's cold-snap!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:28 pm 

Hello all, I am enjoying the site already. Have'nt decided on new or used Rebel. Any suggestions/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:55 pm 

State/Province: TN
This is my third time joining this forum. Think I've read almost every post on here but this one and kept getting removed. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 am 

Hi Folks
With several ppl in my family whom have rode in the past, I wanted to experience the ride personally. So Ive just purchased an 85 Rebel, passed my test for liscense, bought leathers and helmet. I must admit Im feeling a little nervous. Hope to get it out today, but weather may not co operate. Glad this site is here, I will be refering to it periodically, for tips and encouragment. Happy Riding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:37 am 

State/Province: NY
City: Bronx
Hi Patti-Jean,
Congrats and welcome !

Where are you from ?
Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:10 am 

Thank you for welcoming me to the site. I live in Ontario, Canada. Last night I had this red rebel on the road , briefly. Wow. Adreniline.
Only a few blocks, of course. This is all new to me. Having fun so far, exept for the electrical problem , which seems to be killing the new battery. Mechanic is calling today. I have aspirations to get out again and again. With ten or eleven ppl in family who have been riders, I hope to get comfy and be able to tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:27 am 
Librarian
Librarian

State/Province: ON
City: Canada
Welcome, Patti-Jean! Did you buy Burg Riders Rebel? Where in Ontario are you? I know your post said you passed the test-was that the written or did you take the course too? If you haven't taken the course yet, I would really encourage you to take one.
Ride safe and have fun. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:41 am 

Im in Cambridge Ontario. Have to laugh the test I have passed is only the ninety day temporary, road test to follow. I understand that the course is the best way to learn and develop good strategic habits. I do plan to see when the next course begins. And reference to the Berg Riders Rebel means nothing to me. Truth is I do not know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:00 am 
Librarian
Librarian

State/Province: ON
City: Canada
Another member of the board had a red 85 Rebel for sale. Burg_Rider and I are both in Oshawa, so I thought you might have gotten his bike. Glad you found the forum, lots of good stuff here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:05 am 

There is a pic on this site , owner of 85 Rebel from St Louis and my bike is same. I think it looks hot.

Post subject: I love the Rebel!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 pm 

Have had my Rebel for a month now and it is quickly becoming the most favorite bike I have ever owned! It is a 2009 Blue 250.

I have ridden since I was 10 and I am now 55. Since I am getting older I didn't want a big bike, I wanted something light and easy to ride and I have found it in the Rebel!

I am having a custom trailer made so I can haul it to fun places to ride around the country. Yeah, I think I am going to like this retirement gig!

I hope I can meet up with some of you and get some good riding in. I am located in Central Oklahoma .. any other Okies out there want to ride.. send me a message.

Glad I found this site, Charlotte

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next