All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: READ ME - About the "Introductions" section
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:20 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
The current settings of this forum require new members to make their first post within twenty-four hours. This forum allows new members a place to post and introduce themselves so that they can fulfill this requirement even if they don't have a specific question or comment relevant to another part of the board.

Please: if you have a question that's better suited to another part of the board, put it there, so that other people who might be able to help you are more able to find it.

Remember that all parts of this board are subject to the Rules of this forum, which can be found here:

http://rebel250.com/rebelforum/view ... hp?t=10788

Realistically, it might not be a bad idea to read those rules before posting at all. ;)

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject: new member
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:21 am 

State/Province: UT
Just signed up. Love my 250 Rebel! Looking forward to getting acquainted with this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:28 am 

State/Province: CA
City: Santa Rosa
Duke -
Sorry you had to re-write and re-post the rules again.

Quote:
text-wrap defaults so that it only wraps at a space or a hyphen. We all know that, too.

I knew know that, but didn't think about in in the context of links. I did know that there was some problem with long links, but not being really computer savy I'm not clear when posting a link whether it is too long or not.

I use this:
[url=web address]readable text here[/url]
and assume that it compresses any link to acceptable length.

Duke, I know you're waaay busy. I get that there are other ways to shorten a link, but so far any explaination has gone over my head.

Thanks for all the work you do on this site.

Rat

Post subject: Hi from Wills Point Texas
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:36 pm 

State/Province: TX
City: Wills Point
Hi, I am a wanna be honda rebel owner, I plan on getting a rebel in the spring and I hope that there are a few rebel riders out here in Texas. Let me know because I am a beginner rider and would love the company to ride around with.

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:43 am 

City: Houston
Hello all, I'm new to motoring and just finished the MSF class, the class was awesome and I can't imagine learning how to ride any other way; I just bought an 06 rebel, it's being delivered today and I can't wait! If anyone lives in the Gallaria area of Houston please let me know if you want to meet up for a quick spin around town.

Post subject: I love this place!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:52 pm 

okay, I know that I've said this before, but I'm a firm believer in not taking things for granted and giving credit where credit is due so having said that...I Love You Man! (insert rebel250.com) :lol:

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:34 pm 

City: Bellaire
Hello to everyone! I purchased my 2001 Rebel a couple of weeks ago. Looking to take a MSF class in June, hopefully near the Bellaire area. Happy riding!

Post subject: Bellaire
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:19 pm 

Ah Ha! finally a fellow rebel rider who lives in the area! You will have to let me know when you have completed your class, I took mine with Boss Hoss cycles and really enjoyed it, let me know if you want to meet for a ride and a cup of joe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:38 pm 

I've been trying to create the new post but it keeps telling me that I can't create a new thread for some reason that keeps spammers out. Anyone know what that's about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:33 pm 
Forum Administrator

IF you're trying to post a link or a picture, then that's what it's about.

Second half of this post sums it up:

http://rebel250.com/rebelforum/view ... hp?t=14207

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject: From Colima, Mexico
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:47 pm 

Hi there!

Thanks for the add. I'm from Mexico City, but I live at the Colima State, Mexico, since I was 10 years old.

Colima is near to the pacific coast. It's a nice place to take vacations.

'scuse my bad English

Well, I have one year with my rebel 250cc 2006, I have fell a couple of times by mistakes, I was rookie then and well, I want to share some experiences and learn from all of you and know the better my Rebel.

Thanks!!

Post subject: Just purchased a 2008 Rebel
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:57 pm 

Just thought I'd say Hi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:04 pm 
Forum Administrator

Steve:

did you want your e-mail in your username?

You can set a permanent link in your profile that gives access to your e-mail address without making it 'visible' for the spambots...

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:51 pm 

OK
So how do I change my username?

Thanks,

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:49 pm 
Forum Administrator

Tell me what you want (in a PM, please; I don't always get to check each and every thread every day), and I'll take care of it.

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

Post subject: New Rebel Owner
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:23 pm 

Howdy everyone. I'm new here and new to motorcycle riding (completed the MSF course a few days ago). I just purchased a 2006 white Rebel. My buddy is driving it back in a few days and hopefully I'll be commuting to work pretty soon. I'm in Austin Texas and couldn't handle the gas prices anymore...and I happen to enjoy riding.
Roel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:55 am 

State/Province: FL
City: Silver Springs
:D
Hello everyone. I am enjoying my 2000 Honda Rebel. Last week I had the back changed from 33 teeth to 30 teeth. I like the shifting better.
Thanks for reading

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:30 am 

State/Province: MN
Hi I posted here yesterday. I am currently really liking the looks and the great things I hard of the Rebel 250. I am 22 years old and soon to be getting my permit I HOPE!!! I have an almost 4 year old boy and love to be outdoors. My dad used to ride bike and we have been talking about bikes and he may start to ride again also

Post subject: OHIO Buckeye
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:38 pm 

State/Province: OH
City: Buckeye
Just signed up. Been a rider for over 30 years. In search of a nice used Rebel - well taken care of, and at a good price. Also looking for riders in the area - there has to be more than one Rebel owner in Ohio!!!. Thanks, in advance to Duke, for putting this forum together - and I look forward to living, learning and riding more Rebels. Thanks, Kevin

Post subject: Newbie-to-be in North Carolina!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:02 pm 

Just signed up ... DH is getting me an '09 Rebel in January (or sooner if the dealer here gets them in before then!!). Am officially signed up for the Motorcycle Safety Course (wildly popular - first session I can get in is not until December!!)

Ridden the bicycle a lot, been a motorcycle *passenger* in the past (almost 15 years ago) ... really excited and looking forward to getting one of my own and learning to ride! :D

It's gonna be primarily for commuting at this point, can ride most of the year (at least, I have on the bicycle LOL), so this will be fun, save gas money, *and* keep my poor old car running for a coupla more years!

Good to meet ya'll,
Mingo