It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: READ ME: Rules for posting to Rebel Rousers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:33 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
By popular demand,

here's a place to post your plans or info on Rebel-related get-togethers. General group info or general rallies still belong in the Lounge, but if you know something about or are trying to launch a get-together specifically for Rebel riders, this is the place.

1)All the rules of civility and common decency apply here as they do everywhere else on the board. You can find these rules here:

http://rebel250.com/rebelforum/view ... hp?t=10788

2) If you want to know about a particular get-together, post your question in the thread for that get-together.

3) Keep it Rebel. We know about Sturgis and all those Bike Weeks out there. If you're hosting at one of those events, fine; but don't clutter up this forum with general posts about general motorcycle events.

You are more than welcome to post such things in the Lounge; the Rebel Rousers section was created for Rebel and Rebel fan-specific events. Add to much clutter, and the usefulness of this section disappears into the clutter.

4) If you are trying to launch a get-together, or tell us about one, when you create a thread, put the date of the meet--- or at least the season and year-- in the title. This will help with pruning as the forum ages, and keep confusion to a minimum.

It will be particularly helpful to viewers if you can simply format the title: State, area, (title, if applicable), then date. This will help with pruning as the forum ages, and keep confusion to a minimum.

This is particularly useful as, in an interest to keep this section as useful as possible for Rebel-specific events , multiple threads about any event will be combined into a single 'archival' thread.

5) This one isn't related to the posting in general, but be aware that in spite of a ten thousand RSVPs, most get-togethers end up being less than five people when it's time to go to the wire. It's not you; it's life. Things come up. Don't get your feelings hurt; it's not personal.

6) These rules will be modified as the need arrises. Fair warning.

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Last edited by Duke on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:35 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
Not an update,

just a reminder. I was going through the old stuff, getting ready to combine the 'done' events, and spent some time trying to make the titles a bit more helpful for people searching.

Thought I might point your attention again to #s 3 and 4 up there...

I've moved nearly a page of stuff out of here to the Lounge. I don't think I've got it all yet. ;)

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]