PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:16 am 

Motorcycle: 09 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
Rebel: None
State/Province: TN
City: Maryville
Jim wrote:
Getting a lot of response from the Japanese Vintage Bike club
Some may. Show up !!

Nice!!! No Rebel, what am I to do with you? Lol!!!

Post subject: Re: Lake Hope Rally Sept 11-13 2015
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:47 pm 

Might ride my CBR !!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:59 am 

Motorcycle: 2008 FLHRC Road King Classic
Rebel: 250
State/Province: In
City: Peru
Where exactly is this? I need to know, I might be able to ride there. Bob wants to go badly. Is this around Sugar Grove, Oh?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:13 am 

Southeast of Columbus, Ohio. Maybe 60 miles !!
North east of McArthur, Ohio, 15 miles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 am 

State/Province: OH
City: Creston
Here's a map.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/lake ... 39.3278864

'07 Rebel 250
'00 Rebel 250
'86 Rebel 450

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:24 pm 

Motorcycle: 2010 Vulcan Voyager 1700
State/Province: GA
City: Gwinnett County
Becca and I won't be able to make it this year. But for anyone who hasn't been in the area before, be sure to plan a stop at the Rocky Brands Factory Outlet store in Nelsonville, just about 15 miles from the park. A GREAT place to get some good buys on boots or almost any other kind of outdoor gear!

Road Captain & 1st Officer; SCRC Chapter 09

IMPERIAL RED/BLACK 2010 Kaw Vulcan Voyager 1700

RED/TITANIUM 2009 Kaw Vulcan 900 LT (18,500 miles)

RED 2009 Kaw Vulcan EN500C (9,000 miles)

BLACK 2005 Rebel (2,000 miles)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:04 am 

Motorcycle: 1986 CMX450C
State/Province: IL
City: Chicago
Got me a new helmet (Bell Revolver EVO-) and pants!

Almost ready. Got the whole week off, so I'll be prepping bikes until Wed.

Looking forward to a few days of relaxation and Saturday's ride especially!

We should start a 'check in' thread?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:35 pm 

Good news, good news! It appears BOB the bear will be making another rally appearance this year. I've just returned from a trip to Lima, Ohio where I met Hazzardousmat (Rob). It was nice meeting Rob and his wife Lisa, maybe one of these days they could attend a Lake Hope rally. BOB thoroughly enjoyed the ride, we took old US Rt 30, the Lincoln Highway, back to my house. Old 30 certainly has changed since they opened new 30! It was once a main east-west road, now it's like a ghost town road. Literally I rode for 10-15 miles before I passed a car coming from the other direction. Absolutely NO ONE in front of me. The worst part was riding through Bucyrus, Ohio. Every single traffic light is timed so that you have to stop at the next one too.

Weather report looks like a carbon copy of last years. Cold front coming through with high temps in the low 70's, and a chance of rain. I hope you have some rain gear David.

I should add that my cabin is full!

'07 Rebel 250
'00 Rebel 250
'86 Rebel 450

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:51 pm 

Well, my jacket and (new) pants are waterproof.

I avoid the rain as much as possible. Got caught a few times and do not like it.

Hope it misses us, we'll find out soon.

Car got finished with tune up too late to go get trailer, so we'll have to load up in the morning! looking to be well on the road by noon

Can't wait!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:09 pm 

Well I'm finally home from the rally, exhausted as usual. I still had a fun time, the roads are the best down there. To say that the rally went as planned would be telling a huge lie, nothing went as planned, LOL. For the first time we had to adjust for the weather. No chili on Friday due to rain concerns, which proved true. Saturday we awoke to rain that just would not stop. The forecast said rain to the east of Lake Hope, so we made an impromptu change of plans and headed southwest, but still had rain! It rained all the way down to Portsmouth, Ohio. It ended before we entered the city. Raingear proved it's worth on this rally.

I arrived 2 hours late, and fortunately so did my cabin mates. I would have felt awful if I had inconvenienced them any. Seems everyone arrived later than planned. The latest arrival being Lexyntax, who arrived just 50 minutes after we started our late ride, we started at 11:10 on Saturday (did I mention rain?). This year had to be the lowest attendance of any of the rallies. But still had the chance to meet DNC and a couple of BG's bro-in-laws. The ride went okay, but BG's Silverwing bit the dust down in Portsmouth. :( Many thanks to Jim who made the impromptu ride planning, it was still a good ride! My rides were all planned for east or north, which supposedly had the worst of the weather. 6 bikes showed up, 5 bikes rode the ride, 4 bikes returned, not exactly what the rally was supposed to be about. DNC and Lexy (7th bike) are staying one more day, hopefully they will find some good roads together. It was nice seeing DNC's bike in person, I think it may have been the first chopper to show up at the rally. Sharp looking bike! My bike managed to finish the rally, but it looks like my left side crank seal is about to blow, it's leaking lots of oil! :(

Where we started the tradition of eating at the Lodge on Saturday and meeting out front at 10:00 AM sharp, the Lodge had other plans. They no longer offer breakfast on Saturday, which was another wrench thrown into the works. :( There was no time to get together any ingredients that RW and SW use to make the baggy omelets. Couldn't help but notice that the Lodge had very few customers in the past other than us rally people, no wonder they discontinued breakfast. They do however have a Sunday brunch buffet from 10:00-2:00 that's out of this world! Lake Hope has the best brisket that I've ever had. And they put it on the buffet menu, guess where I ate...

BOB made another rally appearance. BOB loves Lake Hope! He was such a trooper that he rode through all the rain with us to Portsmouth...and he didn't complain one bit! BOB stayed with me less than a week and he's off to another rider. Lexyntax is taking him to central Pennsylvania. Hope he has a great journey.

Not ANYTHING went according to plan, but I'm still smiling after those roads...
and the Lake Hope brisket... ;)

'07 Rebel 250
'00 Rebel 250
'86 Rebel 450

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:37 pm 

I had a blast!

Love the roads! It was fun even in the rain. Oh, found out my gear is not a waterproof as I thought. I will waterproof it myself.

Guba, no worries, stop beating yourself up, We all had a great time and I really enjoyed meeting all that were there. No plans is sometimes the best plan!

Jim.......SLOW DOWN! That 250 is quick! Hard to catch you on those roads with Kuro. Gin-ba will be there in 2016, so I'll be right on your tail!

It was nice to meet all of you and I will surely be there next year. Wifey and pups had a ball and we caught some fish too! It's so close we should do it twice!

Have pics and will post soon!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:56 pm 

Motorcycle: 09 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
State/Province: TN
City: Maryville
Sounds like it was a good time!! Plans are made to be broken, that leaves the door open for new adventures!!! Weather we can't control, like Dnc, stated, don't beat yourself up Joe!!! And Dnc, don't try to keep up with Jim!! If you think you can, he is just testing and teasing ya!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:36 am 

Motorcycle: 06 Nighthawk 250, 06 Rebel 250
Rebel: 250
State/Province: FL
City: Inverness
Sounds like the beer was more better than good!