It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: San Francisco Bay Area Riders
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:23 pm 

I was wondering how many folks there were in the bay area on here. I was thinking it might be fun to have a Rebel meet up at some point. Alice's Restaurant struck me as a nice central location although I've never been there. Looks like it's ten minutes out of SF proper.

Post subject: Re: San Francisco Bay Area Riders
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:51 am 

State/Province: SC
City: Mid South Of
I just caught some of your discussion on Jim's site. Looks like there's a possibility of a mini-rally here. I have to admit .. I'm envious. Back in the day, when I had a job, I traveled to SF to attend some conferences. Had the opportunity to walk all over the place as well as hop on the trolley a bit. Nob Hill, Chinatown, the crooked street (just drew a blank), the pier, the chocolate square.

Since owning and riding my own motorcycle .. my thoughts of SF have centered on those hilly roads. You know, the ones in the chase scene of Steve McQueen's movie, Bullit? All those whoop-de-dos to fly over!

Big difference between the whoop-de-dos of Lake Hope and SF. No traffic to speak of in Ohio versus traffic that surely has doubled in SF over the years. Then, again, didn't we see a lot of Indianapolis (a busy, traffic-ridden city) because MR planned the ride at night. Like spanning midnite.

Don't mind me. I'm just dreaming. That movie chase scene still pulls at me every once in a while. Hope you're successful in your meet.

Post subject: Re: San Francisco Bay Area Riders
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:04 am 

There's one street, Filmore. All the neighboring streets drop nearly straight down, but it's flat for half a block and then drops the same amount. It's so steep that you can only drive DOWN it. And at the drop off point there is a yellow gate with flashing lights. It's like being on a roller coaster as it goes over the edge. The street your thinking of is Lombard. Oddly it's the second twistiest road in San Francisco, but the most famous road in the world.