All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: REWARD!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:29 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
Because I've always felt that advertising should work both ways, I have developed over the years the habit of boycotting those vendors and manufacturers whose commercials actively irritate me. I will do this even if their product or service is one that I have been using until that very day! :shock:

If the add goes away, I may or may not resume my patronage. I know: folks tend to think it's crazy, but if someone is doing something that genuinely bothers you, why oh _why_ would you reward them for bothering you with your hard-earned money? "Thanks for that sex joke you put in that commercial that you aired during my four-year-old's cartoons! I find that classy and well-thought out. Here! Have some money!"

Applied a bit further, I think Spam should work both ways as well.

Having been spam hit with the entire catalogue of a company called "Heritage Bikes AG," and knowing that many of our members do in fact ride bicycles as a hobby, I would like to make this offer:

I will personally find a way to provide one-hundred dollars US to any current (as of this writing) forum member who can produce to me proof that they have returned any previously-purchased product to this company and have succeeded in acquiring a refund on that return.

That's right: if you can provide proof that you have, through a legal means, _cost_ them money, I will find a way to provide you with a hundred bucks as a way of rewarding you.

Spam _should_ work both ways. Here's to trying to make that happen! :twisted:

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."