It is currently Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dennis Kirk
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:38 pm 

State/Province: NY
City: Capital Region
Has anyone here ever dealt with DennisKirk.com ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:10 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: Suzuki Gsf1250
Rebel: 450
State/Province: NB
City: Rusagonis
Yes, indeed. Several orders in varying magnitude. Never been dissatisfied. I highly recommend them. And you can call and talk to them about products, too. They aren't always the lowest price, but in terms of one stop shopping, they're pretty impressive. (I love the 750 page catalogs.)

And if you have a Harley, get their harley catalog: about 800 pages,and you could build an entire bike from it. frame, engine, tank, wheels, the works.

brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:02 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: KTM Yamaha You name it
Rebel: None
State/Province: TX
City: Plano (dallas)
Done a lot of business with DK... the only thing I dislike is the never ending emails (maybe a few a month) advertising things...

Seriously- they have a great selection, reasonable prices, and are easy to work with.

As always, I recommend you find a good local shop to do business with, in most cases you'll find the prices a little higher than the catalog shops, but once you add their price and tax together, you come out the same or less than the catalog shop + shipping/handling...

And failing that, the next best thing is a Cycle Gear store, if one is nearby (or their catalog if not). After that, I recommend New Enough, Dennis Kirk and Bike Bandit in no particular order.

2004 Rebel 250 (sold after 12,903 miles)
2007 KTM 525 EXC
2011 CBR250R
Motoring on two wheels since 1983

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:07 am 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: Suzuki Gsf1250
State/Province: NB
City: Rusagonis
DJ's point is a good one. If you do all your buying from mail-order/ebay/online, don't be too surprised when your local shops are all gone when you need them
'
On the other hand, for those of us who live on the edge of civilization (granted, a minority), mail-order is a way of life. We live for our catalogs! JC Whitney, Cabellas, Dennis Kirk, Orvis, Aerostich, whatever!

brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:35 pm 
Forum Moderator

State/Province: MN
City: Fergus Falls
Yup - they are about 3 hours south of my house. (Free next day shipping) :)

They price match everything too - find your best price on the internet then call a sales rep and tell them you want to price match. Tell them how to get the website you found, and they beat it by a buck. Shipping and all.

In MN, they even include sales tax in their price matching (beat it by a buck means $1 on your credit card, not the 'advertised price').

Tom O.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:19 am 

State/Province: TN
City: Camden
I've bought from them in the past but their prices were kinda high. Prolly because of the "free" shipping. :wink:

86' Limited 250 - 1 of 600 made :rofl:
92' Shadow 1100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 am 

State/Province: MI
City: Wyandotte
I feel that Dennis Kirk is one of the better online merchants. They are always prompt on delivery; have way better prices than any local shop as well as a lot better selection. And the return policy is almost flawless.

While I do like Brick and Mortar establishments; it just doesn't seem like they are able to keep the same type of selection, most likely due to floor space, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:47 am 

State/Province: NV
City: Reno
Dennis Kirk did good by me, but I also agree if you can get what you want from local bike store, etc, then Use them also.

Live your life in such a way that
when your feet hit the floor in the
morning, Satan shudders & says..

'Oh smurf...she's awake!!'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:32 am 

State/Province: TN
City: Camden
I just got 2 new Pirelli RT 66 front tires for our Shadows from there Yesterday. They don't nail you with added fees for shipping tires like a bunch of other places do.

86' Limited 250 - 1 of 600 made :rofl:
92' Shadow 1100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:41 am 

Motorcycle: 2002 V Star 650 Custom
State/Province: OH
City: Albany
I have ordered numerous items from Dennis Kirk and have never been dissatisfied. They even include a return shipping label should you need to send something back. (Of course it's not free to return things, but it's only $6.95 if you use the included prepaid UPS return label. They just deduct the $6.95 from your refund).

They even have a policy that they will beat any advertised price by $1.00 (of course you need to read the rules of the policy on their site, but it is pretty good).

Therapy Is Expensive...Wind is Cheap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:36 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: 5 Shadows, 3 Rebels
Rebel: 250
State/Province: NV
City: Las VLX-as
I ordered heavily from them back around Y2K. Their prices back then were very competitive and free shipping for orders over $100 was a nice bone to toss as well (and if your order was under $100, S/H was a modest $5).

http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:37 pm 

State/Province: AZ
City: Chandler
Well, what can I say here. I have ordered from Dennis Kirk for more than 30 years, and have NEVER been dissatisfied. If you have a problem ordering from Dennis Kirk, it is a one in a million occurrence. If this continues, they will always have my business. I have their metric bike and off road catalogs.

As for local shops, we have a Cycle Gear nearby that I have dealt with, but they don't carry that much in stock, and if you order from their website, you pay both shipping AND tax. As far as I am concerned, as long as there are excellent online places like BikeBandit and Dennis Kirk, I don't need any local shops, and I wouldn't care if most of the local dealers burned to the ground. There are absolutely NO dealers around here worth supporting, they are all thieves and liars.

BTW, I just ordered about $350 worth of Rebel accessories from DK. Free shipping. No tax. Ordered 10/15/09, should be here on 10/19/09. Jerry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:55 am 

State/Province: SC
City: Chapin
I bought a lot of things from dennis kirk there really helpful.