It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Cycle Gear stores
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:15 pm 

State/Province: TX
City: Dallas/ft Worth
I have had good luck with the Cycle Gear store near me. http://www.cyclegear.com for store locations. They have a great return policy. The people are helpful. I have taken advantage of the return policy. No problems.

They do tend toward dirt bikes and sport bikes. They are willing to order just about anything.

They have an great return policy on helmets. If it is in "new" condition you get your money back. Otherwise store credit up to 30 days no questions asked.

They will mount and balance tires for $30 with a $10 discount if you buy the tire from them. You bring in the wheel as they do not take the wheels off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:12 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: KTM Yamaha You name it
Rebel: None
State/Province: TX
City: Plano (dallas)
Yep, can't say enough good things about these folks.

Dave, the manager at the Plano location, runs a GREAT store. They have a veritable cornucopia of parts, accessories, gear, tires, etc... nice selection.

They will order anything you want, just like gary said.

If you want a helmet they don't have, and you're not certain that other models by the same manufacturer will fit the same way, they'll order three of them in the sizes that you're likely to fit. Take one, try it out, if you don't like it, bring it back and they'll trade you up to the next size or refund your money.

I bought some O'Neal boots (bargain basement at that) and after the first use, some mud had caused one of hte plastic buckles to seize.

I returned them, still coated in mud, and received a full credit towards the Fox Tracker boots that I wear now.

For about a month thereafter, every time I went in, my muddy boots were still behind the counter awaiting return to the manufacturer.

Great folks, with a refreshing view of what customer services SHOULD be.

2004 Rebel 250 (sold after 12,903 miles)
2007 KTM 525 EXC
2011 CBR250R
Motoring on two wheels since 1983

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 pm 

State/Province: AZ
City: Chandler
I have a Cycle Gear store nearby, have dealt with them many times, and never had any problems. They don't stock a lot of cruiser stuff, but they will order it. I got my solid white helmet from them. It was a special order, but they had one of the same make, model and size in the store, only with horrendous graphics. I was able to try it on, and it fit great. I could have ordered it online somewhere else for about $20 less, but ordered it from them because of their customer service, and because they were so helpful with helping me pick out a helmet I liked, in my price range, and letting me try it on. Usually, to me, money is money, but I felt these guys actually earned my money. Jerry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 am 

+1 from me.

The Huntsville Alabama location is staffed by a bunch of nice guys/galls as well. Never any pressure to buy and very helpful when you have questions. I've purchased all my gear from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:31 am 

State/Province: SC
City: Chapin
Ive pruchased many things from the south carolina store and they are awesome .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 pm 

Cycle Gear rocks.

Just came back from buying a tank bag(on sale for 39.99) at the CG in Raleigh.

Walking into that store was like heaven after going to countless dealers with crappy helmet/saddlebag/you name it selection.

they had walls! WALLS! of helmets!

it was incredible, everything i needed, they had. In fact I needed some loctite because of some crappy service i got from Triangle cycles and these guys even had that!

Highly recommended. (And no, I do not in any way, shape or form work for them. :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:09 pm 

Motorcycle: 2006 Rebel 250
Rebel: 250
State/Province: GA
City: Metro Atlanta
We have always been pleased as well. :bikerthumb: