It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Southwest Moto Tires - Tucson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:49 pm 
Forum Moderator

State/Province: CA
City: San Dimas (la County)
new tires just arrived today from SW Moto - professionally packaged, everything in there that i ordered (tubes, rim strips, balancing weights), looks like no problems with the tires.

plus i just ordered them late monday night, they shipped tuesday and arrived today (thursday).

plus, since i'm out of state, no sales tax, of course, and since i bought more than one tire (two), there was no shipping charge -- would have cost something like 40 bucks more if i ordered them through my local dealer.

plus blaine (tell him you heard about him through the board) was real nice in the e-mails (you can't call them on the phone), was helpful and provided some additional info along the way.

the tires are pirelli's, by the way -- the mt 66 style -- thanks to m-r for telling us about them and thanks to tom o. for the tip on sw moto.

now i just have to find the right weekend to put them on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:35 pm 

Motorcycle: 2014 CB500XA
Rebel: None
State/Province: AZ
City: Green Valley
They are even better through the front door. Discount for cash (what he pays the credit card people), prompt installation of tire & tube (balanced) for $11, and an interesting number of used bikes for sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:02 pm 
Forum Moderator

State/Province: MN
City: Fergus Falls
I ordered another set of tires from them before my trip sometime mid June.

My rear tire came quickly but there was no front. I emailed him and he said it didn't get shipped as it was on backorder from the warehouse where the rear came from.

He asked if I wanted a front shipped from another location, but it wouldn't make it to me by the time I needed to leave for my trip. Knowing that, he promply refunded my money for my front tire, and didn't charge the $14 shipping.

Price-matched the front from Dennis Kirk and got it overnight.

Kudos to both of them for the good service.

Tom O.

Post subject: Getting more expensive
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:24 pm 

Bike tire prices have gone up about 30% at the shop and online. Seems to be MSRP now.

Installation went from $11 to $20 since I put on a rear.

The new front tire/tube/rimstrip/installation cost more than last years rear tire (installed with new tube).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:38 pm 
Forum Moderator

State/Province: CA
City: San Dimas (la County)
well, after installing my last (current) set, if you ask me, 20 bucks is worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:50 pm 

That's $20 per wheel; but it does include balancing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:41 pm 

I learned that they will order tires not listed on their web page.

I called in and griped that I couldn't order what I wanted for the bike because it wasn't listed on their web page. "What is the bike" was immediately asked. They cross-indexed it and said that their supplier had plenty in stock. Should they order it for me?

So I'm getting the OEM tire for the NX250 that other places couldn't obtain.

The key point here is that you can e-mail them and inquire if they can get the tire you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:42 pm 

Rebel: 450
State/Province: AL
City: Magnolia Springs
jsonder wrote:
I learned that they will order tires not listed on their web page.

I called in and griped that I couldn't order what I wanted for the bike because it wasn't listed on their web page. "What is the bike" was immediately asked. They cross-indexed it and said that their supplier had plenty in stock. Should they order it for me?

So I'm getting the OEM tire for the NX250 that other places couldn't obtain.

The key point here is that you can e-mail them and inquire if they can get the tire you want.

How about letting us know when you get them, if in fact you do.

Howard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:00 pm 

The tire was in Friday, Howard.

When I jacked up the NX to drop the rear wheel, I found that I had a seized rear axle nut.

WD-40 and hammering on a 24 mm box end wrench finally got it free this afternoon. I guess that the WD-40 bath (sprayed a dozen times associated with wrench beating attempts) needed time to work. Anyway, I'll be going in Monday (if they are open Mondays) to get it mounted with a new tube and rim strip.

PS The flanged axle nut is steel cored (magnetic) with a non-magnetic alloy exterior of softer metal. I rounded the outer half of the nut with the first attempt (didn't notice that the wrench had slid a tad on the nut as I was beating the wrench with a 2# hammer) so I ordered a couple nuts and a spark plug from Bike Bandit.

Post subject: SWmoto sold to Arizona Honda
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 pm 

Arizona Honda bought out SW Moto. Blaine has retired. Online offerings reduced. :(

Post subject: Re: Getting more expensive
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 am 

jsonder wrote:
Bike tire prices have gone up about 30% at the shop and online. Seems to be MSRP now.

Installation went from $11 to $20 since I put on a rear.

The new front tire/tube/rimstrip/installation cost more than last years rear tire (installed with new tube).

Some site sale tires in low price.. such JaxTires. :)