It is currently Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bike Bandit . com
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:01 pm 

State/Province: MD
City: Cumberland
I have had a very favorable dealing with this site. Acctuily I have had two dealings with them.

Once you get the hang of navagating the site it gets prity easy. You can look up OEM parts by part numbers, or by year make and model of bike. Thay also carry aftermarket parts.

Once you place an order you can track it's every move. From it waiting to get packed ( which they tell you it may take upto 3 days), to a link to their delivery carrier so you can track it's movement through them.

They offer 2 ways to have your order shipped. Regular ground fright ($6.00) and express, which is 2'nd day air, ($ 20.00) all flat rate. I've used both.

Should there be a problem with your order being more then 3 days to get it shipped they will contact you with an explanation. They had a problem with one of my items. notified me on day two, and my order was shiped on day 4.

They are at the top of my list in my bike bookmark section.

For more info look at www.bikebandit.com .

P.S. to Duke. I hope this is the way you intended it to be.

Post subject: Re: Bike Bandit . com
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:44 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: 5 Shadows, 3 Rebels
Rebel: 250
State/Province: NV
City: Las VLX-as
I used them for the first time this year. Seems they were the last place to "update" their prices for 2005, I was able to purchase a set of Flanders bars at the old 2004 prices (Flanders bars took a 40% increase this year). BB updated the price about a month or so later.

http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:54 am 

State/Province: IN
City: Indianapolis
Have ordered from them numerous times and have always been completely satisfied.

My most recent communication with them revealed a bit of a shortcoming, however. Was using their live chat service on their website (which is fantastic by the way), and the rep seemed to only know what was in their database and nothing more. Guess I shouldn't expect much more, but it was frustrating not having someone on the other end of the line be able to answer my simple question regarding the master link of the chain I had purchased from them.

On the bright side, it caused me to go directly to the manufacturer...see the Regina USA post for more info on how great they were!

Post subject: bikebandit.com
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:53 pm 

Motorcycle: '85 Rebel 250 (sold Jan 2013)
State/Province: FL
City: Palm Beach County
I recently ordered a replacement air filter, tool kit, and some other odd and ends from bikebandit.com. Everything was received quickly, even with the standard shipping. I would do business with them again, as their prices are better than my local dealer and they are more convenient to deal with if you know what parts you are looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:20 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: KTM Yamaha You name it
Rebel: None
State/Province: TX
City: Plano (dallas)
I do business with BikeBandit on a more regular basis than I would care to admit.

They have genuine OEM replacement parts, fast service, and reasonable prices when compared to the stealer.

2004 Rebel 250 (sold after 12,903 miles)
2007 KTM 525 EXC
2011 CBR250R
Motoring on two wheels since 1983

Post subject: BikeBandit.com Another big +1!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:11 pm 

State/Province: OR
City: Bend
Love these guys!!!

Bought some little things from them such as a bunch of fuel filters, drain plug + washers and recently a helmet for the wife.

Everything shipped AND arrived extremely fast and the quality is always perfect!

I will no undoubtedly give them my business again without hesitation.

:bikerthumb:

Sold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:56 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
My shipping was fast and the factory-branded part was flawless.
My only gripe was not discovering an item was unavailable until _after_ completing the transaction and waiting two days.

Other than that, excellent company to deal with, if you don't mind not being able to talk to human.

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:16 pm 

State/Province: VA
City: Charlottesville
I'd like to balance out the big +1 for bikebandit.com with a big -1, based on my own experience with them.

I ordered 3 items from them, all of which were listed as available to ship within 24 hours. The next day, I got an email explaining that the saddlebags I ordered were on back order and they didn't know when they'd arrive. I canceled that part of the order. A week later, I checked my order status and discovered that my gloves were also back ordered, and my windshield had been 'cross shipped' and was not scheduled to arrive for another week. The person I talked to in their online chat widget the first time was helpful, but the second person was rather terse and rude. I canceled the remainder of the order and will not try to buy from them again.

I ended up getting my saddlebags from http://powersportequipment.com , after talking to a real person on the telephone to confirm that they were in stock, and they arrived two days later.

I got my windshield, headlight, and saddlebag brackets from Jack's, and they were here in less than a week.

My two bits...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 pm 

Tues evening I received a defective full face helmet that was a closeout item I ordered from BikeBandit.com. I had no luck getting help that evening via the BikeBandit.com live customer support by LIVEperson, but I tried again a few minutes ago and did. The representative e-mailed me a return shipping label to return the helmet for credit on my credit card.

Michael Clay
http://www.WaterBuffaloes.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:16 pm 

State/Province: OR
City: Bend
Hmm... sucks you had bad experience with them. I just ordered some more stuff from them on Monday and it shipped out today. Hopefully my luck stays good with them.

Sold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:20 pm 

City: Wylie
My rub with Bike Bandit is the same I have with most any MC parts and accessories place, whether it be on the net or a storefront.
PRICING!
Having worked in the mechanical field in one form or another since 1975. I know for a fact that the true cost of a lot of this stuff is way under what we're being charged. I don't begrudge a company a profit, but enough is enough!
When I order a carb rebuild kit from Bike Bandit for $21 and get three tiny little 0-rings and one float bowl gasket that all together should cost less than the shipping, I get upset.
When I search around for a battery and find the exact same one the dealer or Bike Bandit is going to sell me for almost half the price at Batteries Plus, then I know the only reason I'm paying a premium is because I'm ordering through a motorcycle outlet.
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:37 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
Convenience. You're paying for the convenience. ;)

And I suppose knowledge, too. They know where to buy it cheap; most people don't ;)

Here's a hint, if you've got a retail store front and a mechanical shop:

Arrowhead. That's where I used to buy all my bike starter stuff. But I don't have a rebuilder's shop anymore, so... :(

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:21 pm 

State/Province: CA
City: Northern
I would like to comment on my experience with trying to order some brake piston O-rings for my 450. I tried my local dealer first, and placed an online order on a Sunday. FOUR days later, they tell me it has to come from the factory, and it would be sometime next week before it came in. I told them to never mind, and tried to place an online order with Bike Bandit on the 31st.

The online experience wasn't what I was hoping. I couldn't change my shipping address to make it different from my billing address, so I called on the phone. I told the guy I wanted it shipped overnight (yes I'm impatient sometimes), and he explained that they don't ship California orders overnight, because Priority Mail gets there in two days. So I placed the order, priority mail.

I would have thought based on that conversation, he might have thought to mention that they don't have a huge warehouse full of parts, and there's a chance they would have to order said parts from Honda.

The next day I checked on my order and see it hasn't shipped. I called and it was explained to me that they are waiting for the parts to come to them. I finally got notice it shipped on the 4th.

On Thursday, I checked the tracking because my part didn't show up. It said it was being returned as undeliverable! I called Bike Bandit customer support right away, and asked them to maybe drop ship another part, because I want my parts *now*, and I'll pay for the extra shipping. Of course Saturday rolls around and still no part. I sent Bike Bandit an email expressing my displeasure on Sunday.

I called them today after checking the tracking status, and apparently it's being held at the post office in San Diego, with a note saying that if it's not claimed, it will be returned to the sender. The sender is in San Diego, not me! +1 for government efficiency. If it was being held at my post office, I could've picked it up. I asked the gal I was talking to at Bike Bandit if there's any way they could drop ship me an O-ring from wherever they're kept at. I doubt they're coming all the way from Japan. She informed me that Honda doesn't allow them to do that.

I work as an aviation mechanic, and if I had to use a parts system such as Honda's, it would be totally unacceptable. I hope Honda doesn't decide to produce a jet, because if their support would be anything like what I've experienced, they would have a lot of angry customers. I'm not sure if the post office is at fault, but their procedures are dumb. As for Bike Bandit, I think they dropped the ball, first when I asked to have it shipped overnight, and then not informing me that it was "impossible" to get them drop shipped or whatever it takes to receive them in a timely manner, or even confirming that my shipping address was correct.

Venting over-

Jennifer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:28 pm 

Rebel: 450
State/Province: AL
City: Magnolia Springs
shoulda called Jack first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:24 pm 
Best Loser!

Motorcycle: 08 Versys, 97 C-10, 79 KZ650
State/Province: NC
City: Newport
Honda builds jets, real expensive ones.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:55 pm 

State/Province: IN
City: (south
FWIW, I just received a Gmax helmet from bikebandit. $63 with shipping..full face. Fits great. Nice quality. Got it in like 3 days. Rode in it today. No lifting, no wind leaks. Comes with an extra tinted shield that isn't mentioned in the ad. Comes with nice bags for the shields and the helmet too.

Still would rather ride with my glasses and a headband..but. :( apparently my family would like my head well preserved after seperation from my body during a wreck 8) Something about putting a lot of money into the brain for education, etc, etc. Ah well...whatcha gonna do!

(currently bored at work and cruising the net for something to do).

6,400 miles as of 7/4/09

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:31 pm 

State/Province: CA
City: Northern
I think the problem lies with Honda's parts distribution. Just a few days ago someone was telling me it took over three weeks to get the WRONG PART for his Honda ATV. The way it works in the aviation biz, if you want the part the next day, it's available somewhere, yes you have to pay a lot, but you can have it as soon as you like it.
Jack's works like that (I ended up canceling my order from Bikebandit) . Cost me $60 for the brake seals but I had them the next day. Just like everywhere else I order parts for in my line of work, and the price was right for that too (ouch though). The seals were aftermarket - I think Jack must know better and he knows Honda has issues. If Bikebandit was on the ball like Jack's, I could have had them in two days and only paid for ground shipping.

So I don't blame Bikebandit as much as I blame Honda. They can only work with what they're given. I just wish they'd told me they didn't have the seals in stock when I initally called them.

Jennifer

Post subject: Bike Bandit must be using Pony Express.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 pm 

Rebel: 450
State/Province: MS
City: Decatur
I made an order on the 17th and finally got the parts today, the 23rd. It came Fedex for which I paid 17 bucks. Seeing as how the main terminal for them is in Memphis, I figured it would take a day to get there and 2 days on the outside to find me out here in the country.
I will be lodging a complaint. They gave me a routing number that did nothing for 3 days. And when it started tracking it still took 3 days for the package to get to Memphis.
Never had these problems with UPS

The bike has been down all this time, it has been beautiful weather here all week. Now the rains coming for a few days. Oh well, I guess I can do the taxes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 am 

Motorcycle: 85 Rebel, 07 V-Star Silverado
State/Province: WA
City: Renton
I don't know BikeBandit, but if they gave you a tracking number that would mean they picked, packed and labeled your item.
Other possibility is that indeed the vendor printed the FedEx shipping label but did not actually get IN the FedEx system until 3 days later. You can recognize that issue when the tracking only says the "billing info has been received", but there's no Delivery Date. That just means that the carrier (FedEx) has been informed that the package is coming to them, but they have not actually received it yet from the shipper (BikeBandit).

In any case, if you paid extra for faster next day or 2-day shipping shipping and it still took 3 days once it started tracking, then it sounds to me like FedEx is equally at fault here.

You should indeed complain and get a refund of your $17 if the shipping was supposed to be Next Day or 2-day. 'Course BikeBandit could've chosen THREE day shipping...

Nevertheless, you're still entitled to a refund, though.

Good luck! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:35 am 

City: Bellaire
I have ordered from BikeBandit 3 times over the past 12 months and have always received super fast service and shipping on orders that were complete with no backorders. I am totally satisfied and highly recommend BikeBandit, just my opinion though.