All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Jack's Rebel Warehouse/Jack's Salvage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:42 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: 5 Shadows, 3 Rebels
Rebel: 250
State/Province: NV
City: Las VLX-as
Lots of praise has gone up on the forums over this outfit, and I have more to add.

My first experience with them involved acquiring a frame, and having that frame modified to my specifications. I spoke with Jack over the phone several times about this and he forwarded me to his frame guy Ken, who concurred with what I needed (an extra 14º of rake in the steering head).

The quality of the work was incredible, the welds were clean and the neck looked better than a stock frame. I've seen custom work from the high dollar builders that didn't look as good (if you ever catch an OCC or other such builder's bike at a rally take a good look at the rough welding you might find in their frames, I saw three OCC bikes recently at LV Bikefest and the welds were just gaudy).

I've acquired a few other parts from Jack as well along the way on my build and have been most satisfied each time. They know their stuff at the Rebel Warehouse.

http://www.rebelcatalog.com
1-800-240-0393

http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:17 am 

State/Province: MS
City: Ridgeland
I, too, have had a great experience with Jack's Rebel warehouse! I placed an order with Jack late Tues. afternoon for floor boards, crash bar, six-pack rack, and a spitfire windshield. While on the phone with him he said he would get that out right away. I received my "box" 2 days later (before noon)!! When I order something I hate waiting for it to arrive, so this was a wonderful surprise. Great prices-great products-great service-fast delivery--who could ask for more?

2005 Orange Rebel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:16 am 

No doubt about Jack.

He even gave me advice on what to look for before even purchasing a 450!

Post subject: Another Jack's Thumbs Up
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:40 pm 

State/Province: NC
City: Charlotte
Well last week I ordered a windshield from Jack's. I'd gotten my saddle bag rails from him, and been pretty satisfied with them. In passing, I mentioned the bolts are starting to rust out, and if Jack had replacements. He included them with my windshield order gratis. "Bolts should'nt be rusting out like that, I'll toss in a set".

Once again, I ordered from Jack, and once again, he suprised me. I'm not used to an item being sent out the day I ordered it. I'm no longer accustomed to people standing behind their products, and backing them up with replacements without argument. I'm not in the habit of enthusiastic business people, period. Thanks Jack. In this day and age, with too slick salesmen, and non-english speaking product support, Jack is a breath of fresh air.

Oh yeah, and I promise I'll try to get to the rebel rally next year. Sorry I missed out, and I wanna see your shop.

Post subject: jack's
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:06 pm 

Hi can anyone help. would like some prices from Jacks for supply of footrests and saddle bag guards SHIPPED to me in England. For rebel 250. 1986. Have tried his site but telephone only.
Thanks in anticipation. Pete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:38 am 

State/Province: FL
City: Mt Plymouth/ Penna
hello harry,

check for personal message. i will be glad to help you.

jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:39 pm 

State/Province: OH
City: Westerville
My experience with Jacks was also very good. I ordered three items from him for my Rebel placing two different orders.

The first order was for floorboards. They were on backorder and Jack provided a estimated ship date that was pretty much spot on perfect. The quality of the floorboards was very good and changed, in a very good legroom way, the experience on my bike.

The second order was for saddlebag guards and a sissy bar. Again shipping was quick. I was happy the with guards. The quality of the chrome really stood out. The sissybar took some work as the top screw would just not go in on the pad. I didn't bother calling Jack because a short trip to the hardware store for a shorter screw worked just fine. I have no doubts that if I would have called the service from Jack would have been good.

So I also recommend Jacks for Rebel accessories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:33 pm 
Best Loser!

Motorcycle: 08 Versys, 97 C-10, 79 KZ650
State/Province: NC
City: Newport
Another Kudo for Jack's.

I called today from work. Quick, easy I was very surprised when he offered to ship before he figured out how I was going to pay. This is the way things should be.

To be truthful I was a little annoyed at first when I read on the website about phone orders only. After speaking with him I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a feeling I will be talking to him again.

Dan

Post subject: Jack's
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:26 pm 

State/Province: TX
City: Round Rock
Yet another singing Jack's praises. I got a new set of saddle bags for Father's Day (yes, wife and kids are awsome!) and needed a set of guards. I ordered them late Tuesday afternoon. Jack put them in the mail that day and I got them today. I'm impressed at the quick and personal service. I'll order from him again.

White 06 Rebel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:46 pm 

State/Province: OH
City: Westerville
Bottom line is Jack's service can't be beat. Finally someone who STANDS behind his products and corrects issues even he can't prevent. I had a problem with a floorboard bolt and he stepped right up to the plate and is shipping it two day air so I will have it for the July 4th holiday. I didn't have to ask for it, he just did it and didn't charge me anything to correct the problem. If I need anything for my Rebel I will go to him first before anyone else no matter what the price.

Cliff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:00 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: KTM Yamaha You name it
Rebel: None
State/Province: TX
City: Plano (dallas)
As always, thanks Jack for your continuing support of the Rebel community! You are truly an asset!

2004 Rebel 250 (sold after 12,903 miles)
2007 KTM 525 EXC
2011 CBR250R
Motoring on two wheels since 1983

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:37 am 

State/Province: NJ
I'm new to the Rebel scene, and I've bought a lot of things from Jack's so far, and wanted to give my comments.

Jack's offers a lot of great accessories and parts for the Rebel. He's very friendly and takes time with you on the phone to make sure that you're getting the right stuff. He told me that everything he sells, he's installed on a Rebel, to insure that when you get the parts, all will be ok. His customer service is great, and shipping is very quick as well.

Highly recommended.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:00 pm 

State/Province: NY
City: Queens
One more vote for Jack here...

I needed a handlebar weight, so of course he was the first one that came to my mind when I needed to get it. I called him up and he told me he'll give me a call if he finds it and when he does he'll pull it out and call me again to finish the transaction; sure enough it went as planned. Very kind and knowledgeable man and it was so great to actually speak to Jack himself. I often find myself going through the maze of automated messages and zombie sounding people that call themselves "customer representatives". Great once in a while get a caring person with personal attention that knows his/her business. Thanx Jack!

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:46 pm 

State/Province: ON
City: Canada
Another Jack-aholic here. I ordered a front brake line assembly, used of course, for my 450. The part was cheap, the shipping all the way to Canada was even cheaper than expected and now I have a credit! Plus it arrived in excellent time for the distance, about a week.

I have to confess, I was amazed that there really was a "Jack". Not to mention how helpful and friendly he was. Definitely going back for some more loot in the near future.

Roger, Duke of Lunel in 'The Booke of Days'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:25 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
Same here.

Ordered a 450 seat pan and set of Classic h-bars from Jack. had them three days later. Can't say enough good about him!

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:26 am 

City: Chatsworth
I too give Jack a very high recomendation. He is very friendly and very helpful. He does bussiness the way people used to do. To bad every business is not like that anymore. Jack Is The BEST. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:49 am 

State/Province: CT
City: Danbury
High fives all around here for Jack's...Jack is really helpful, friendly and cares about his customer's. Instead of talking to recordings, you get the real deal with Jack. I'll being using him again in future... :D

Post subject: Jack's Rebel Warehouse
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:41 pm 

State/Province: FL
City: Flagler Beach
Lets cut to the chase. Jack doesn't know me - I however have dealt with him. If more Jacks were in business (any business) our economy and our faith in it would sky rocket. He is a superb and genuine human being.

If we don't try to buy it from Jack first - every time - shame on us all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:43 pm 
Forum Administrator

Was going to post this when it happened, but kept getting sidetracked; the recent discussion of Jack's elsewhere brought it to the forefront of my mind:

A little bit ago, I ordered a spare seat and tail light assembly for the 250. He didn't have the light in stock, but had the parts to make one, and did so at no extra cost! Due to a shipping error, I never got it (it went to my old address).

I called Jack, and without any questioning or doubt on his part, he shot me another seat and assembly. I had them three days after that call.

Thanks, Jack!

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:25 pm 
Forum Administrator

More great service from Jack--

ordered a set of bag brackets late Wednesday afternoon; Saturday after work they're on the porch! Perfect condition, allen head bolts to install them with.

I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

Thanks, Jack!

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian