It is currently Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Valley Motorsports, Northampton MA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:10 am 

Rebel: 250
State/Province: MA
City: Amherst
Since I hear a lot of complaining about dealerships, I thought I'd mention that I've had good luck with these guys. They do new and used, sales and repairs, for motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, and I think jet-skis.

My most recent trip I had a loose nut on the Rebel -- one of the ones that holds the handle-bar bracket to the forks -- and it was clear that someone had tightened it in the past and just slightly rounded off the corners. I took it in hoping they'd have a spare. As it turned out, they didn't, but they did tighten it up for me, told me how much the part would cost from Honda, and told me if I wanted they'd look into an alternative. They didn't charge me anything for the visit. Last time I was there I needed a longer bolt for my saddlebag brackets: they pulled one out of a "parts from old bikes" bucket, handed it to me, and told me to come back when I needed something bigger.

I'm not going to say they're perfect, but, well, they ARE in it to make money. They just try to make sure their customers actually get some value along the way.

Post subject: Re: Valley Motorsports, Northampton MA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:53 am 

Motorcycle: 2014 CB500XA
Rebel: None
State/Province: AZ
City: Green Valley
Sounds very reasonable.

Post subject: Re: Valley Motorsports, Northampton MA - very poor experienc
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:42 am 

Motorcycle: Honda
Rebel: None
State/Province: ct
City: hartford area
I would encourage all riders to avoid this place! They don't deserve the business!

I was riding through the area the other day and got a flat tire -picked up a 3" nail in the rear tire. I called someone to get me the name of any nearby motorcycle shops.
They found Vally Motorsports of Northampton MA; it was only 2 miles away! ...great! -I thought.
I called up the service department; told them I had a flat and I was only a few miles away. I asked if they had a pickup service and to get the flat repaired. Immediately, the attitude started. They don't have a pickup service; I'd have to "check the yellow pages" for a towing service. Yellow pages; seriously? -I knew I forgot to pack something. Told the guy, politely, I didn't have a phone book; so he ratted off a couple of names of towing companies -then told me he didn't have the phone numbers; I should call "411" and find them myself -what an *ss. After this, he then tells me, when I get the bike there, I'll have to leave it for maybe a few days. Even after I explained to him that I was 75+miles from home, his response was, "I guess you should find a ride home. We're too busy; I've got people that have been waiting weeks for service". What an *ss. I can fully appreciate people "in line ahead of me" for service, but seriously, you can't help out a guy stuck on the side of the road with a flat?
What a crappy attitude! I encourage all bikers to avoid this place!! They clearly don't respect riders in need!

Post subject: Re: Valley Motorsports, Northampton MA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:44 am 

Rebel: 250
State/Province: MA
City: Amherst
Wow! Sounds like their service department has changed. They never had a pickup service, but my memory is that they used to keep a list of local places that would transport a bike. I moved out of the area over a year ago, and while they were great to me while I was there, it's certainly possible the staff has changed since then.

Good to know if I go back out there for a weekend or something.