It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Motorcycle Superstore
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:38 am 

Motorcycle: '95 EN500-A6, '80 CB400T (rig)
Rebel: 250
State/Province: WV
City: Brandywine
Just ordered a couple of Perelli MT-66 tires for the 500 from these guys. I am very very pleased with the speed and competence with which my order was handled.

You see, the MT-66 comes in both a tubed and tubeless variety, and it wasn't entirely clear on their site which I was ordering. I contacted customer support via live chat, figuring that if I tried to call on the phone, I'd be on hold for 45 minutes. Live chat answered promptly without any delay, telling me that I should call their parts department. I groaned a little at this, but dialed the phone....

I was not kept on hold at all and the friendly guy that answered spoke english as his native language. To top it all off, he knew exactly what I was talking about when I explained that the older Vulcan 500s have mag rims and needed tubeless tires (I've had trouble with this in the past, getting across the fact that it's /not/ an LTD and does indeed have mag rims). He promptly punched something into his computer and told me exactly what I needed to know.

To top it all off, they gave me free shipping, entirely unexpectedly, and the expected delivery date is only 2 days from now.

I will definitely be ordering from this outfit again.

1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 500
2005 Honda Rebel 250

Post subject: Re: Motorcycle Superstore
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:34 am 

State/Province: TX
City: Terrell/Kaufman
I use them and Bike Bandit for most of my stuff. Got a balaclava on order from MS and should be here tomorrow. 2 day turnaround.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 pm 

Motorcycle: 2002 V Star 650 Custom
Rebel: 450
State/Province: OH
City: Albany
I order tires and random other items from them (Motorcycle Superstore) all the time. They have pretty good prices and fast shipping. Only once has a shipment been delayed due to a backorder...I was a little peeved about that though since it showed up as being available when I placed the order. However, I still got it in 4 or 5 days so it wasn't a big deal.

Therapy Is Expensive...Wind is Cheap!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:59 pm 

Motorcycle: 1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
Rebel: Other
State/Province: VA
City: Roanoke
I've used them for a number of orders over the last few years and been very happy with them. Bike Bandit has been a hassle in the past, but Superstore has had better prices, better service, and cheaper/faster shipping. If they had OEM parts ordering, I'd be all set.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:13 am 

Motorcycle: Suzuki C50; BMW G650GS
Rebel: None
State/Province: IN
City: Scottsburg
There is a Motorcycle Superstore Outlet store here in Louisville. They also have a warehouse at the same location. If they dont have an item on the store shelves, you can look it up online, and they can check in the warehouse if they have the item there.

I love the MT66s. I have them on the Suzuki cruiser. I got 16,000 miles out of the front (before replacing) and I have 15,000 miles on the rear (will need replacing soon). I will have to run over there and see if they have them in stock for the cruiser.

If you are driving/visiting Louisville, Ky and want to stop at the store, here are the easiest directions to get there (you will have to be on a slab for a few miles):

If your are coming in east/north/south of the city, find the Watterson Expressway (I-264), travel west on the Watterson until Crittenden drive. Take the Crittenden exit. Turn right on Crittenden, go about 1-1.5 miles (if you drive under I-65, you went to far). Turn left on Central Avenue. Central Avenue will take you past Papa John's (yes the pizza) Cardinal stadium. You will see Churchill Downs-home of THE Kentucky Derby, up on the left),turn right on 4th street ( go about 3-4 traffic lights until Industry Rd. Turn left on Industry Rd, Motorcyle Superstore will be on the right about 1/4 of a mile, I believe it is the second major parking lot on the right. You have to look for the sign, they have a small sign.

You can also PM me and if I am in town working, I will be happy to meet up with you and take you there :-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:23 am 

davidc83 wrote:
I will have to run over there and see if they have them in stock for the cruiser.

I bet they do. Mine shipped from KY.

1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 500
2005 Honda Rebel 250

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:48 pm 

Motorcycle: 2002 V Star 650 Custom
Rebel: 450
State/Province: OH
City: Albany
I just put the MT 66's on my V Star, both front and rear. I've heard good things about them as far as wear.

As soon as I noticed that Motorcycle Superstore opened a store in Louisville I was looking it up on Google Maps to see how long of a ride it would be to get there. It's longer than I would like for this time of year, but come spring/summer I may have to see if I can rope my hubby into a road trip!

Therapy Is Expensive...Wind is Cheap!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:22 am 

Motorcycle: Suzuki C50; BMW G650GS
Rebel: None
State/Province: IN
City: Scottsburg
Tigerlilly: you and severgoon come on over. I probably can talk the other Hoosier buddies in meeting up and we can ride :-). Getting too dany cold my my liking, yuck.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:04 am 

Motorcycle: 2001 Honda Rebel 250
State/Province: FL
City: Hialeah
Free shipping, nice. Yeah MS is pretty good i've used it to buy random stuff lol.

Quick question, how do you actually change the tires?
Like taking out the rims from the old tire and putting it on the new one...
Or maybe i should just search it...or ask in wrench bending lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:04 pm 

There are some good videos on youtube.

But the FLIBS here only charges $20 per wheel when I bring my own tires, and he has a fancy machine that turns it into a 15 minute job. To me, that's worth not fooling around with a couple of tire irons, tearing tubes (where applicable), and cussing. :P

That being said, the tires on these street bikes seem 100x easier to change than the knobbies on the dirt bikes were. There's no bead clamp inside the rim to get in the way and fall out at the wrong moments...

If you do them yourself, be very careful of the brake rotor. If you bend it or ding it up too much, your wallet will help you cry yourself to sleep when you see what a new rotor costs...

1995 Kawasaki Vulcan 500
2005 Honda Rebel 250

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:46 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: Rebel 250 plus a few others
State/Province: NB
City: Fredericton
I always remove brake rotors before messing with tires. They are just too delicate to protect when changing tires IMO

1996 Ducati 900SS
1973 Norton 850 Interstate