All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Wheeler or dealer.....??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:54 am 

Motorcycle: honda
Rebel: 250
State/Province: wa
City: clinton
The full story: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26962

PLEASE, and and ALL advice GREATLY appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Wheeler or dealer.....??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:30 pm 

Motorcycle: 2014 CB500XA
Rebel: None
State/Province: AZ
City: Green Valley
wheeler. They sold you an abused bike. I'd file a complaint with Honda USA. From the web page:

How do I contact Honda Motorcycle Customer Support?

For customer or product related questions or comments you can contact Honda Motorcycle Customer Support by telephone at 866-784-1870, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PST. Please have your Vehicle Identification Number or Hull Identification Number ready when calling. Or by mail at: Honda Motorcycle Customer Support, P.O. Box 2200, Torrance, CA 90501.

Post subject: Re: Wheeler or dealer.....??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:51 pm 

Motorcycle: honda
Rebel: 250
State/Province: wa
City: clinton
jsonder wrote:
wheeler. They sold you an abused bike. I'd file a complaint with Honda USA. From the web page:

How do I contact Honda Motorcycle Customer Support?

For customer or product related questions or comments you can contact Honda Motorcycle Customer Support by telephone at 866-784-1870, Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PST. Please have your Vehicle Identification Number or Hull Identification Number ready when calling. Or by mail at: Honda Motorcycle Customer Support, P.O. Box 2200, Torrance, CA 90501.

Thanks John.....
I think your advice is spot on. At this point, after having tried to email them via their link on their website, which was returned, I think I need to push forward and take a more aggressive approach. As I play back in my mind just how in the heck did I get myself into this mess, I remember viewing the bike and talking over the scratches. He told me on the phone they were small and of no consequence....that is what prompted me to give them a "hold" on the bike. When I saw them in person I said he misrepresented the scratches and I was sorta bugged....we worked out a few bucks off the helmet, and I wrote a check for it. No where in my bill of sale does it mention anything remotely as a "as is" sale, etc. I told them I'd be back on the weekend to pick it up and they said they'd move it to the warehouse. I'm beginning to think they might have somehow done more damage to it riding it to this remote warehouse, I don't know.....but as I play it back in my mind I just don't recall the issues that presently the bike has....I guess I should have not taken it home, I dunno....