It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: cheapcycleparts.com
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:31 pm 

Motorcycle: '95 EN500-A6, '80 CB400T (rig)
Rebel: 250
State/Province: WV
City: Brandywine
:evil:

I ordered a front tire and a tube from these guys on the morning of the 26th. It's now nearing the end of the 6th day since I ordered and they still haven't gotten around to shipping it. This is the slowest service I've ever seen.

In their defense, their prices are reasonable and the shipping is cheap, but the speed at which they handle orders is starting to border on ludicrous. <_<

Post subject: Re: cheapcycleparts.com
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:12 pm 

Motorcycle: 1986 rebel 250
State/Province: OH
City: Lebanon
The are good on prices but not communication. I ordered tires from them before and they never told me they were on back order. Got my money back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:24 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: 5 Shadows, 3 Rebels
State/Province: NV
City: Las VLX-as
Yet another reason to support your FLIBS ;)

http://shadow-shack.20m.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:00 am 

Motorcycle: '95 EN500-A6, '80 CB400T (rig)
State/Province: WV
City: Brandywine
I called the FLIBS first, but he didn't have anything the right size in stock. :P

But I took the tire to him when it did finally come (3 weeks later lol) and had him mount it with his wonderful 5-minute mounting machine.

I really need to get one of those things.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:02 am 
Best Loser!

Motorcycle: 08 Versys, 97 C-10, 79 KZ650
State/Province: NC
City: Newport
I price parts online, give my FLIBS the best price plus delivery and they see if they can match it. All they ask is the chance to compete.

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:22 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
Leaf wrote:
I called the FLIBS first, but he didn't have anything the right size in stock. :P

Kudos to you for trying your FLIBS first. :)

Now you have to ask yourself this the next time you need something:

"Can my FLIBS have this item in stock faster than six days?"

:lol:

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm 

Motorcycle: 2014 CB500XA
Rebel: None
State/Province: AZ
City: Green Valley
I ordered the Bridgestone TW40 rear tire and tube (120/90-16 isn't that common) that I needed after the freeway rear tire adventure from the local FLIBS; they mounted it while I waited ($15) 2 days later.

Tire, tube, balancing, mounting, and sales tax (9.1%) for $98.55. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:52 pm 

Motorcycle: Suzuki C50; BMW G650GS
Rebel: None
State/Province: IN
City: Scottsburg
Unfortunately, my FLIB sucks in their service department; and get this, they actually own cheapcycleparts.com.
Last year they were having disgruntle conversations between cheapcycleparts.com (which they own) and the FLIB parts department. I wrote about this FLIB back in 07 when I owned my GZ250.
Cheapcycleparts.com (this was last year) is/was owned by S&S Powersports in Clarksville Indiana. However, for tax purposes, the warehouse for cheapcycleparts.com is in Kentucky.
I took the MSF course (held at S&S Powersports) last year (for insurance purposes) and our instructor told us about the relationship with cheapcycleparts.com. The next day he told us he got chewed out about it because they don't want to advertise their brick and mortar store owns an online store and they compete with each other ????? The store charges more than the online store for the same items. Oops.
I tried ordering brake pads for my Suzuki from cheapcycleparts.com and found out 7 days later the pads were on back order.
Cancelled the order and bought them from bikebandit.com. The FLIB didnt have them in stock either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:32 pm 
Best Loser!

Motorcycle: 08 Versys, 97 C-10, 79 KZ650
State/Province: NC
City: Newport
Duke wrote:
Leaf wrote:

Kudos to you for trying your FLIBS first. :)

Now you have to ask yourself this the next time you need something:

"Can my FLIBS have this item in stock faster than six days?"

:lol:

I ordered my tires on 12 March from the FLIBS and they had them in the store on the 17 March. I'll drop the bike off tomorrow and pick it up Thursday. This was my time line due to my work schedule. It's nice to have a spare bike when maintenance is due. :)

Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:17 am 

Motorcycle: 2009 Honda Rebel 250
State/Province: TX
City: Dallas
I recently bought a Pirelli MT66 front tire from my FLIBS. They didn't have it in stock, but they had it in a couple days. Tire, tube, rim strip, installation and Texas tax @9.xx% came to 110.00. I know that's a bit high, but I feel strongly about supporting local businesses when I can. These are the same people that tried to give me a helmet for free the first time I dealt with them. They had to order it in my size, and when I came back to pick it up the owner insisted that I must have paid for it when I ordered it. I told him I hadn't, but he wouldn't take my money until he had checked with his wife. I went back the next day, and paid him.

Loud ties save lives

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am 

City: Chandler
I don't know what FLIBS means, I'm assuming it means the local dealer. I avoid the local dealers like the plague. The word "stealer" is a perfect description for them. I have had very good service from both cheapcycleparts.com, and bikebandit.com. For non oem parts, I use denniskirk.com almost exclusively.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:25 am 

FLIBS = Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop. Not a dealership. The Mom and Pop shops that take care of their customers. The one I deal with is more expensive than online store for some things, but I'd still rather buy from them when I can, just as I'd rather my money go to a local retailer than a Wallmart.

Loud ties save lives

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:56 am 

Ok. We don't have any of those around here, it's all chain stuff, like Cycle Gear. I still get some of my stuff from them, when I need it NOW. We do have several independent bike shops around here, that work on bikes, and occasionally sell used bikes. A couple of them are actually really good, and fairly priced, and I recommend them when someone asks, but I do all my own work. They don't carry a large stock of parts, they can order stuff, but if I have to wait, I'd just as soon get it online, with no shipping and NO TAX. While I don't have an issue supporting local businesses that treat their customers right, I don't like supporting the local government. And we have 10% sales tax. Thats $10 for every $100 spent. A bit much for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:16 pm 

We have a 9.something sales tax in lieu of income tax. I don't hold that against local businesses though. They are becoming an endangered species. On small purchases, the s&h usually makes up for it anyway.

Loud ties save lives

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 pm 

We have 10% sales tax, PLUS income tax. And I pay a fortune in property tax on my rather modest house. I also pay a lot of registration fees with all the vehicles I have. When I order stuff online, I usually order enough to get free shipping. Most of the local independent motorcycle related businesses are not worth supporting, and the few that are never have what I want. Basically I am willing to support any business that is willing to go out of their way to support me. I place a very high priority on service, especially when you really need it, because it is something that pretty much doesn't exist any more. If a business treats me right, I will be a repeat customer, and also recommend them

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:13 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: 5 Shadows, 3 Rebels
State/Province: NV
City: Las VLX-as
Wow, I didn't realize the taxes were so bad next door in AZ.

So, someone tell me again why everyone who works in Laughlin (NV) lives across the river in Bullhead City (AZ)? Surely that 60 year drivers license doesn't counter all the tax they pay...

http://shadow-shack.20m.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm 

I have no idea why anyone would live here, at least in the Phoenix area. I grew up here in the '60s and '70s, and it was a nice place then. Mostly farmland, and I worked on a farm since about age 5. But the developers have completely destroyed it now. It's shopping malls, freeways, and stucco houses as far as you can see, and that is from 10,000 feet. I live here because I have 34 years into a government job, with lots of benefits, and a nice retirement plan. I also own a house here, and have 2 grown daughters here. So I'm pretty much stuck.

More than half my house payment is taxes and insurance. My property value went down, but the taxes and insurance went up. Figure that one out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:39 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: Suzuki Gsf1250
Rebel: 450
State/Province: NB
City: Rusagonis
JerryH wrote:
... I don't like supporting the local government.'.....

Wait. Don't you WORK for the local government? :shock: