It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:13 am 

Motorcycle: Suzuki C50; BMW G650GS
Rebel: None
State/Province: IN
City: Scottsburg
I have a LLBean red rain jacket. Worked for me when I have ridden 100s of miles in the rain. I like two piece rain gear, but I like suspenders for the rain pants and havent found LLBean rain pants with suspenders for men.
The jacket also has a hood, which if I use, and then put on my helmet; head stays nice and dry with no water down the neck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:52 am 
Best Loser!

Motorcycle: 08 Versys, 97 C-10, 79 KZ650
Rebel: 250
State/Province: NC
City: Newport
The Tour Master Elite set from Jafrum's is water tight and was under $100. the jacket has a hood to slip under the helmet, Velcro cuffs, several sealed pockets and reflective panels. The pants have one pocket, suspenders and straps for under your boot. They don't breath. My bikes are faired so I only wear them when rains hard or if I need emergency cold weather gear so the not breathing doesn't bother me. They do take up more room than Frogg Togg's when stored.

Just checked the site and they don't have the pants listed.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:31 am 

miscusi wrote:
its a very thin fabric, I think even if I patched this one side, another will eventually appear anyway so, its time for a expensive, high quality rain suit !

You might want to check out their Horny Toadz, The fabric is quite thick and the gear is heavy, but it seems well put together. The fact that is comes in dayglo yellow with lots of reflective piping and strips definitely helps visibility.

I'll probably do a review of them as soon as I have the chance to put some miles on with it. Unfortunately/fortunately, it's only rained once in the last 6 weeks and so even just wearing it in the rain without a bike hasn't been a viable option.