It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: EBC heavy duty clutch springs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:29 pm 

State/Province: IL
City: Oak Lawn
Guys, Stay away from "EBC heavy duty clutch springs" they don't fit right the diameter is smaller!!! (Had to do the job twice )
on my 2004 honda rebel 250
Get OE parts or if you gonna try an aftermarket product be 100% is the right fit!

Post subject: EBC heavy duty clutch springs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:52 am 

State/Province: PA
City: York
Hummm-- I think I remember reading about someone having trouble with the EBC/HD springs before on the forum because they weren't the right diameter. Appearantly the plates are ok but the springs don't work. Did you use the EBC clutch plates? Does anyone have a recommendation of what after market plates and springs/kits work well for replacements?

Post subject: Re: EBC heavy duty clutch springs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:16 am 

State/Province: IL
City: Oak Lawn
mis4mike wrote:
Hummm-- I think I remember reading about someone having trouble with the EBC/HD springs before on the forum because they weren't the right diameter. Appearantly the plates are ok but the springs don't work. Did you use the EBC clutch plates? Does anyone have a recommendation of what after market plates and springs/kits work well for replacements?

Yes i did use EBC clutch plates too, but i tooked everything apart and found out the springs stuck to the spring bolt towers (If yo can call them that) So I measured everithing with a caliper and the plates are ok and quality looks good, its Amazing how can a company be so off on something like that!! I was lucky i only drove the bike for a little less than 50 miles, cause it could have been an expensive mistake!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:29 pm 

Motorcycle: 2016 Honda Rebel
Rebel: 250
State/Province: TX
City: Houston
Within the last month, I bought three sets of EBC springs and of them one was the wrong part number. Fitment was not the issue and they will work with OEM clutch plates. I can tell you that whoever wrote the fitment database entered the wrong part number for the springs. I found this out after the springs failed but regardless there should be plenty of clearance between the post an the I.D. I have measured about eight different sets, OEM, Barnett, EBC and Vesrah and they all measure ~ .525 on the I.D. the diameter at the point on the post where they sit is .485 inches. I measured three clutch assemblies for my own reasons and made scale drawings and that should not be an issue. You do not have to take my word, call EBC and they will tell you what the correct part number is for the Rebel springs. I have done quite a bit of research and work on clutch springs recently and that is not the problem unless whoever you purchased them from sent you the wrong ones because the database was wrong just about a month ago 7/2017.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:10 am 

State/Province: PA
City: York
Well that explains why so many had trouble with the EBC springs. There must have been a lot of the wrong p/n springs in Stocks of EBC suppiers.
Thanks for the information and your
post.