It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:46 am 

http://rebel250.com/rebelforum/viewtopic.php?t=9512

http://rebel250.com/rebelforum/viewtopic.php?t=9458

Post subject: I got the recall letter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:39 am 

Hi all. I am new here. I bought my '07 Candy dark red Rebel back in January. I got a recall notice in the mail Friday. :( I was hoping that I wouldn't. Taking the Rebel to the dealership asap.
[/b]

Post subject: Re: I got the recall letter
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:13 pm 

State/Province: GA
City: Thomasville
07rebel_rider wrote:
Hi all. I am new here. I bought my '07 Candy dark red Rebel back in January. I got a recall notice in the mail Friday. :( I was hoping that I wouldn't. Taking the Rebel to the dealership asap.
[/b]

Hey, I see this is your only post. I do hope you post up a picture of your red Rebel in the garage!

And yayness for me. Since my dealer flaked on me about the recall, I've made arrangements to travel 45 miles to another dealership this Saturday. It's almost certain to rain. I'm so excited. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:19 am 

:D I'm good to go I was told yesterday at the Honda dealership. I watched as my Rebel *Miss Dixie* was checked out and she passed the test. I am relieved. Now back to riding. Hope your results turn out good too. I will post a picture soon..if I can figure out how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:09 pm 

State/Province: LA
mine is good to go too.
i finally got it in the shop!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:53 am 

http://rebel250.com/rebelforum/viewtopic.php?t=9651

http://rebel250.com/rebelforum/viewtopic.php?t=9512

http://rebel250.com/rebelforum/viewtopic.php?t=9458

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:08 pm 

State/Province: AZ
City: Tucson
well bugger *calls dealership*

:edit:

Well dudders, mine's under the recall, and the dealership is playing the "parts aren't in yet." game. it's complaining time :D

"Man partly is and wholly hopes to be"- Robert Browning

2007 Rebel 250 (black)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:29 am 

State/Province: NY
City: Port Jefferson
Honda tells me no parts to the dealer until inspection fails and dealer phones Honda to request over-night delivery for that specific bike.

The no parts story from a dealer appears to be lack of information as to how the recall works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:15 am 

State/Province: CA
City: Santa Rosa
delurker wrote:
Is the Rebel the same thing as a CMX250C

Yes - if I'm not mistaken...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:24 am 

State/Province: AZ
City: Tucson
phile123 wrote:
The no parts story from a dealer appears to be lack of information as to how the recall works.

yeah, got in touch with my favorite salesman at the dealer, he helped me sort it all out and I'll be going in on Monday to have the service done. If you ever get a bike from Arizona Honda here in Tucson, grab Nate for your sale, he's awesome. :D

"Man partly is and wholly hopes to be"- Robert Browning

2007 Rebel 250 (black)

Post subject: Recall On "07" Rebel
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:24 pm 

I bought a "07" Rebel about 3 weeks ago. I love it. I was out for a ride after work one night when the rear tiring started slipping. Upon looking down, my exhaust had smoke pouring off of it and the rear tire was soaked in oil. Apparently my bike slipped through the cracks on this one. I wish I had known about the recall sooner. I Had only 68 miles on the thing. If you do buy one be sure to keep an eye on it. The dealer has it and should have it back in about a week or two. Can't wait to be on the road again.

Post subject: For Sale
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:36 am 

State/Province: NY
City: Port Jefferson
Selling Engine and saddle bag guards bought only 3 months ago from Jack's for my 2007 250 Rebel. Keeping the Spifire windshield for the VLX 600 that came my way. Check classified on the forum if interested..The Rebel is a great bike and wished I could keep it.

Post subject: Honda Recall
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:28 pm 

I just bought a honda cmx250c 2007 on May 23, 2007 and on June 10th I was out for a bike ride and had oil leaking out while driving with smoke coming off my pipes. I was lucky nothing serious happened to me. I am really dissapointed that I got sold a defective bike by Honda. I would like to think they would have notified the dealerships by now about the defective bikes. When I called customer relations they knew about the recall on my bike but did not inform me when I purchased the bike. I can't believe Honda would allow the dealership to sell a motor vehicle pending recall and put their customers at risk to crash.

Very dissapointed :cry:

I don't know if I can trust Honda again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:43 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
Rebel: 250
City: Vidalia
Honda is no different from any other manufacturer of any other product, bike, car, snow shoes, tennis balls, or whatever.

They can't hold the dealer's hand or watch over every single decision that every single retailer makes.

All they can do is penalize or reward a vendor in a manner they find appropriate.

I bought a pair of boots once that the threads in the soles raveled out of in two months. However, I still wear boots. I still wear that brand, on occasion, simply because you can get a bad anything; it's just something that's going to happen eventually.

But deciding not to trust a manufacturer on the basis of one experience with one dealer seems like something of an over-reaction. Mistakes happen. I'm fairly certain that you and I have in common that we have made mistakes at some point in our lives. Surely you didn't expect any other folks involved there to never trust you again?

Truth be told, there are _few_ dealers that are one-hundred percent stand-up folks. You'll notice most folks here refer to them as 'stealerships.'

But look at it this way:

dealers do not generate recall bulletins or TSB announcements or anything else that you might need to know about. They _should_ pass them on, of course, but again--- not one-hundred percent stand-up.

Those recalls and TSBs and such--
they all come from the manufacturer. It is the manufactuer-- in this case, Honda-- doing everything they can do to fix a mistake and make it right by you. After all, the manufacturer has to pay the dealer for all that labor-- the dealer isn't giving it away. The manufacturer has to provide the parts, too.

You might consider notifying Honda directly of this situation; I'm sure it's something they'd like to be aware of.

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:56 pm 

Motorcycle: 2005 Yamaha Vstar 650
Rebel: None
State/Province: TX
City: Fort Worth
Which recall is this?

I thought the 07s had the screw problem? not an oil leak.

Romans 12:18
www.patriotguard.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:57 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
City: Vidalia
The breather box thingy.

I assume.

Duke
"Skills must be Learned"
------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:00 pm 
Best Loser!

State/Province: MA
City: Amesbury
I just looked at the date of the first post we had about that stop sale /recall. It was Mar. 31st.
There's no way that dealer should have let that bike go out without checking it.

I agree, You should contact Honda directly and report this.

Post subject: RECALL
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:44 pm 

State/Province: PA
City: Sayre
I purchased my 07 Rebel in late April, no problems yet but I have reached my 600 mile checkup time so I will be asking some questions about the recall to see how they dance around it. If I'm not convinced I will be going direct to Honda.

Post subject: Re: Honda Recall
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:36 pm 

State/Province: NC
City: Raleigh
Mona wrote:
When I called customer relations they knew about the recall on my bike but did not inform me when I purchased the bike. I can't believe Honda would allow the dealership to sell a motor vehicle pending recall and put their customers at risk to crash.

Very dissapointed :cry:

I don't know if I can trust Honda again.

You should talk with Honda again and tell them you were expecting to be a long time Honda customer and maybe trade up for another Honda at some point. You can stress to them that since they admitted the recall was in affect on your cycle, it should have never been sold to you without the fix. Sounds like it blew out one of the seals in the engine. Maybe Honda can make it right and work out a deal where they will give you a brand new one and chalk it up to their and/or dealers accounts as customer goodwill. Worth a try. They are lucky you have not reported this to the Feds - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Federal Trade Commision, State Agencies, etc. That dealer made a serious mistake.

In summary, you should see if you can get them to swap it for a Brand New Rebel - then they can take the returned one, fix it, and sell it as used at Honda. Should also give you a free tool-kit for the cycle tool box for your troubles and worries. Lucky you did not get in to an accident. Even if they do those things for you they are getting out of that situation cheap.
Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:23 pm 

State/Province: CA
City: Long Beach
It's not only Honda. I bought a Suzuki C90 in December 06 and then found out that there was a recall on the gas tank from January 06. It is against federal law to sell a motor vehicle under recall but it is not against the law if there is no official recall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next