It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New Corbin Seat!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm 

Motorcycle: 2015 Honda Rebel
Rebel: 250
State/Province: MO
City: Strafford
Got my Corbin seat on Saturday and have installed it on the Rebel. It looks just like the one on the Corbin site: http://corbin.com/honda/hreb250.shtml

So... as others have stated, removing the bracket from the OEM passenger seat was an adventure. Once I had it off, the bolts that Corbin supplied were too short to mount the bracket on the new seat. Had to run 20 miles to "The Good Hardware Store" to get a pair of bolts that were a few mm longer... not a big issue, but a bit irritating. However, with the OEM bracket in place, the seat fit the bike perfectly. Corbin says that it will take 1500-2000 miles for the seat to break-in and better conform to the rider's posterior. It is firmer than the stock seat. The stock seat hit my tailbone in exactly the wrong spot; the Corbin is just a bit higher in back and doesn't seem to have the same problem.

So, I'm looking forward to putting some miles on the seat and the bike. I'm curious how it will feel in another 2000 miles... :cycle:

Post subject: Re: New Corbin Seat!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm 
Forum Administrator

Motorcycle: 98 Valkyrie
State/Province: GA
City: Vidalia
I've always wondered about that 2k thing Corbin states. I mean, in 2k miles, just which one is _really_ breaking in? The seat? Or your keister?

------ Herb Christian

"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a television commercial is right for _you_."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:06 pm 

Duke wrote:
I've always wondered about that 2k thing Corbin states. I mean, in 2k miles, just which one is _really_ breaking in? The seat? Or your keister?

Probably both... :teehee1:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:38 am 

Motorcycle: 2016 Honda Rebel
State/Province: AZ
City: Chandler
I am definitely interested in a Corbin seat. I sit right on the back edge of the stock seat, and it can get painful. Only thing stopping me from getting one is the price. If I knew for sure it would solve the problem, I would go ahead and order one. Since I have a new 2016 model, I would order a used rear seat off eBay to get the bracket off of, since it would probably involve cutting up the seat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:06 pm 

The price was always the sticking point that kept me from getting one for the Rebels that I had before. I finally decided to give it a try. It is more comfortable than stock... I'm sure as time goes on, I will slowly forget both the price of the Corbin and the pain that the stock seat inflicted on my tailbone...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:19 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: Rebel 250 plus a few others
State/Province: NB
City: Fredericton
HillbillyJim wrote:
The price was always the sticking point that kept me from getting one for the Rebels that I had before. I finally decided to give it a try. It is more comfortable than stock... I'm sure as time goes on, I will slowly forget both the price of the Corbin and the pain that the stock seat inflicted on my tailbone...

I've learned that genuine quality costs more, lasts longer and the enjoyment of purchasing genuine quality remains long after the higher price is forgotten.

1996 Ducati 900SS
1973 Norton 850 Interstate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:47 pm 

Exactly right. As a side note, one of my favorite quotes that I use at work (usually with upper management) comes from Ben Franklin:

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

At least to a certain level, "You get what you pay for" rings true!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:25 pm 
Forum Moderator

Motorcycle: Rebel 250 plus a few others
State/Province: NB
City: Fredericton
HillbillyJim wrote:
At least to a certain level, "You get what you pay for" rings true!

I prefer " you never get more than you pay for." as being a little more accurate. Unfortunately there are many examples of not getting what you paid for.. :D

1996 Ducati 900SS
1973 Norton 850 Interstate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:38 am 

Motorcycle: 2016 Honda Rebel
State/Province: AZ
City: Chandler
A former friend of mine, the late Gene Berg, the worlds foremost air cooled VW guru and drag racer put it another way. "Buy the best and cry once" He was also fond of saying "yes, but for how long?" His parts and techniques lasted. Many cheap parts and poor mechanical practices worked great to begin with, but didn't last. I had one of his engines and several more parts in my last drag race bug back in the late '90s. I paid a pretty penny for them, but they never failed me, and because of those parts, I actually didn't lose any money when I sold that car.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:17 am 

State/Province: NC
City: Gastonia
I ordered same model seat and it is forecast to be delivered on Aug 18th 2017..My rebel is a 2006. Based on many reviews I expect more comfort...

I also have learned since ordering it that my old Airhawk cushion, size medium is very helpful for improved comfort...

I'll give you a report once I have installed it and ridden it...Yes, it takes time for the seat to be broken in to each rider...

2005 Yamaha 650 Classic cruiser :-) :-)
1995 Honda Magna VF750C :-) :-)